Starlight was decent back then, fair play. TIRO and Feeling Good were only ever good on their respective album tours though imo.

Starlight had a bit more, how do I say this, crunch(?) to it. That might just be the mix on HAARP, but it sounded more gritty back on it's debut tour than nowadays. It's a bit auto-piloty today.

Best live Starlights were around the time it first came out in 2006, which had a good crunch and some where Matt played the piano bit on guitar. Its still good for a singalong and audience participation, but the performances themselves are not as good. Although least this tour has improved on its largely meh T2L version.

I still like TiRO live. Its Hysteria that I think has not been the same since its own album tour, although it is slightly odd I missed it at all 3 of my 2nd Law gigs (same with Stockholm, which I really missed). I don't hate Feeling Good as much as I used to, but they have better piano ditties.

It is.

The early BH&R sets were great. But when they came back from America (for Eden and then Reading), all of Matt's tones had gone to shit completely :(.

That Belfort gig was the one they closed with Showbiz :facemelt:.

EDIT: That said, I was at Eden and it was so cool. One of the best Muse gigs I've been to.

That Belfort gig was the one they closed with Showbiz :facemelt:.

They need to bring Showbiz back as a closer, at the very least set closer. I don't care if they bring it a step down or not, just make it happen. Also Matt, get your shit together please for the arena tour, you sounded great on the T2L tour.

While we're talking about favourite sets - any contenders to Wembley 11th Sep 2010 for best of the Resistance tour?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2010/wembley-stadium-london-england-13d5e179.html

LCCC was pretty close, especially taking in performance as well.

Having Feeling Good back on the setlist almost made me cry.

It actually makes me weirdly happy, reminds me how rare it is nowadays :happy:

23 songs in that (incredible) Japan set. How is it that they've released three more albums since 2007 and only manage 18 song sets these days?

More like 16 song sets...

Yeah, it's ridiculous. Earls Court 2004 (£25) and Wembley 2007 (£37) are the only Muse gigs where I think I've got value for money out of it.

Certainly not from ANY of the arena shows I've been to.

While we're talking about favourite sets - any contenders to Wembley 11th Sep 2010 for best of the Resistance tour?

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2010/wembley-stadium-london-england-13d5e179.html

Not as long but I think this had more bang, though I'm told the performances were a bit off here

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2010/brisbane-entertainment-centre-brisbane-australia-53d29f99.html

Not as long but I think this had more bang, though I'm told the performances were a bit off here

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2010/brisbane-entertainment-centre-brisbane-australia-53d29f99.html

Bliss closing main set, followed by that encore. Fackin hell.

EDIT: it's made so much funnier by the night before's setlist as well. The worst case of the syndrome so far?

Amazing to think that Earls Court 2004 was £25. I'd pay at least 10 times that to be able to go back in time to be at those gigs.

Bliss closing main set, followed by that encore. Fackin hell.

EDIT: it's made so much funnier by the night before's setlist as well. The worst case of the syndrome so far?

Yeah I thought the difference between the two nights at Wembley that same year was bad but fuck me that one took the cake. Which actually makes it more curious that I remember people on here who went to both saying the first night performance was better. :chuckle:

Yeah I thought the difference between the two nights at Wembley that same year was bad but fuck me that one took the cake. Which actually makes it more curious that I remember people on here who went to both saying the first night performance was better. :chuckle:

second night had a much better setlist but Matt's guitars constantly cut out, as did his Microphone and there were a lot of IEM issues apparently so their performances were a little off - would definitely have sacrificed some of the quality of the performance at either of the gigs i went to for a set like that though

Having Feeling Good back on the setlist almost made me cry.

I can almost tolerate it straight after Citizen Erased, haha! It's almost like "Okay, I've had my fun, back to reality!" :chuckle:

It's always a big crowd pleaser anyway so I wouldn't expect it to disappear for too long at once really.

Edited by Bs