They know how inappropriately priced the Brazil gigs are, it's going to be a real kick in the pants if that's the setlist or extent of the length.

The thing is, their shows are still really enjoyable, it's still quality so they get great feedback from the crowd. I guess that allows them to get lazy.

I wonder if they don't enjoy playing shows that much anymore. Has it become a chore to them?

The thing is, their shows are still really enjoyable, it's still quality so they get great feedback from the crowd. I guess that allows them to get lazy.

I wonder if they don't enjoy playing shows that much anymore. Has it become a chore to them?

I think it's just a product of them getting older tbh. If it was a chore for them, I don't think they'd do it. That, and playing the same songs at every gig for 10+ years probably takes the fun out of them a bit. Matt's lack of fitness probably doesn't help much either, considering it's him who does the setlists to my knowledge.

Playing the same songs for 10 years it's only their fault tbh.

True, but I can sympathise for the most part.

I can understand why they'd feel obligated to play stuff like PIB, Hysteria, Supermassive and Knights at every gig. In fact, I saw an interview the other day about how Matt picks setlists and he does mention there being a group of songs that they 'have to play'. That's about it though; TIRO, Starlight and Uprising are all dropable imo.

True, but I can sympathise for the most part.

I can understand why they'd feel obligated to play stuff like PIB, Hysteria, Supermassive and Knights at every gig. In fact, I saw an interview the other day about how Matt picks setlists and he does mention there being a group of songs that they 'have to play'. That's about it though; TIRO, Starlight and Uprising are all dropable imo.

Hysteria was on rotation with MOTP and occasionally Bliss during T2L tour. Personally I think TiRO is a good live song, if a bit same-y, while Hysteria is frustratingly inconsistent - some nights its undroppable and on others its a bit meh.

I can understand the obligation feeling for PiB, but it feels a bit meh on this tour. Same on SMBH, but they're never gonna drop that (ACL2013 notwithstanding). Agreed on Starlight being droppable, while Uprising seems to be seen as a key live one given its their last UK top 10 single, even if its not their greatest live song.

Hysteria was on rotation with MOTP and occasionally Bliss during T2L tour. Personally I think TiRO is a good live song, if a bit same-y, while Hysteria is frustratingly inconsistent - some nights its undroppable and on others its a bit meh.

I've been saying for years that Hysteria and TIRO would be a logical rotation imo. Both big hits, both from Abso, both intended for singalongs + jumping.

I'm not a massive fan of either but I do find TIRO a fair amount more boring.

Enjoyability isn't really an excuse. They could make six songs enjoyable, it still isn't okay. It's not cool to say "look at all this fancy shit up here" and use that as an excuse to play 15 lazy songs, either, but they keep getting away with it.

My theory is still that they attract so many non-fans especially in the US that just want to see a crazy stage show and don't notice or give a shit about more than a few singles, and they've used that excuse to be lazy. It's not because they're old or fat; they've been doing it here forever.

I don't think we're asking for 40... but 18-23 considering the cost and how big the band is is completely reasonable.

Not counting the stupid jam or Interlude as songs, either.

I'd say 18 should be the bare minimum no matter where they play (excluding weird radio shows where they play like 10 songs or whatever). 20+ is really the standard they should be achieving though.

Maybe I'm overreacting but I'm still kinda processing just how awful 16 songs actually is.

I'd have been pretty damn happy with 22. I got 15, 18, and 17 during the arena tours.

Like I said, I've seen bands that outsell Muse in the US (for CD sales) play 22-23 songs in a pole barn, for $35.

The last one was actually better than two of my three Muse gigs, and I'm giving one of my Muse gigs a lot of leeway because I saw Map and Sunburn.

I don't think we're asking for 40... but 18-23 considering the cost and how big the band is is completely reasonable.

Not counting the stupid jam or Interlude as songs, either.

No I agree. I remember boardies moaning on The Resistance tour gigs at 16 were too short (one of the earliest of which I recall was at Liverpool on the 2009 UK arena tour: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/muse/2009/echo-arena-liverpool-england-23d7c0af.html)

I loved the Emirates for a length - 24 full songs, plus 2 drum & bass jams and a tape of Isolated System. I don't expect every gig to be near that length, which was a gig of about 2 hour 10 or something, but there should be more of at least 19-21 songs, and I'm surprised they're willing to stick with 16's. There's a lot of the sins from the Resistance tour lurking on this one.

I loved the Emirates for a length - 24 full songs, plus 2 drum & bass jams and a tape of Isolated System. I don't expect every gig to be near that length, which was a gig of about 2 hour 10 or something, but there should be more of at least 19-21 songs, and I'm surprised they're willing to stick with 16's. There's a lot of the sins from the Resistance tour lurking on this one.

22-23 full songs for an arena set shouldn't be too much to expect from a band like Muse at this point in their career, to be fair. Especially if they aren't actually planning on playing stadiums this time around.