Riffs after big, climactic songs like Stockholm or even New Born are great and appropriate. Songs like Hysteria, TIRO and Supermassive, however - no. It's just needless padding that you could use to play an actual extra song or two.

Bit weird, but I remember there being a quote on one of the old Guitar Hero games that went something like "People don't pay money to watch you jam" and it always springs to mind when I think of Muse.

Riffs after big, climactic songs like Stockholm or even New Born are great and appropriate. Songs like Hysteria, TIRO and Supermassive, however - no. It's just needless padding that you could use to play an actual extra song or two.

Bit weird, but I remember there being a quote on one of the old Guitar Hero games that went something like "People don't pay money to watch you jam" and it always springs to mind when I think of Muse.

I think it is boring to play the same intro/outro riffs to the songs again and again....! Jamming means to me improvisation, so this is def not jamming.

To see Muse jamming would be awesome!

I'd pay money to watch a band jam.

Me too! Only a good band can jam and create something new, and Muse are great and bound together so...and if they lose themselves for half an hour in jamming it's ok! :Dand if they only play 3-4 songs then, wtf great! when I know it is a Jam-gig I am happy with it

So did I before this tour but I still recognise Feeling Good and Explorers as being dross live, particularly the latter.

I think Animals is fine as it is, it just doesn't translate that well to bigger or more open venues. I imagine it sounds pretty beefy in a smaller club-size venue. Tbh, I've gotten tired of them needlessly adding riffs onto the ends of songs. It's not as bad as I remember it being during TR Tour (or was it T2L Tour?), but I still wouldn't want any more. In fact, I'd like less riffs/intros/wankery if anything.

I find Explorers nice on record but live, meh. Was a reasonable break after Knights of Cydonia at SBE, which was wild, but not really memorable.

I think making the Animals outro longer is a thing I felt about the record version - well, that and not having the squawking stockbrokers over the top. I liked the cash confetti live, even if I've since lost my Muse Euro, but it wasn't the best live song, put it that way.

I love jams, that's probably why I love rhcp live and nobody else does :LOL: When I saw them in 2003 they played 18 minutes after last song. Also, Dazed and Confused is the best Led Zeppelin live song.

I would like to see Muse playing some improvised riffs instead of Nirvana or RATM. That would make shows different even with the same setlist

Although T2L gets a bad rap, Explorers for me is not a song, but a lullaby, even down to the 'go to sleep' bit at the end. When this album came out I had a young child and could definetly emphathise with the 'go to sleep' part as I had yet another night of not sleeping lol

An absolutely beautiful song IMHO.