I'm not going to bother reading 100 or so pages...!

I'm actually really dissapointed with the new song and a tad embarrassed. Not one I'm rushing to show my friends...I'm now legitimately worried about the new album.

I agree with this mostly. Some good melodies but the lyrics are so bad it's kind of sad. The chorus is repeated too much as well.

I'm not going to bother reading 100 or so pages...!

I'm actually really dissapointed with the new song and a tad embarrassed. Not one I'm rushing to show my friends...I'm now legitimately worried about the new album.

I wouldn't rush to show my friends Micro Cuts, but it's still a good song from a good album

Yeah scratch that, you're right.

Yeah, I would have actually sympathized with him if it wasn't for the harassment, and the pages and pages of stuff on his website belittling people or telling them to eat shit.

I'm ready to go home and give this song another listen; see if it hits me any different the second time.

Embrace the cheese. You've been a Muse fan for years and years now. You can do it.

You really can't sit well as a Muse fan without genuinely accepting the cheese. 'Cheesy' and 'Overblown' shouldn't even be mentioned in reference to Muse songs anymore because it's a bit redundant and it's not going to go away.

You really can't sit well as a Muse fan without genuinely accepting the cheese. 'Cheesy' and 'Overblown' shouldn't even be mentioned in reference to Muse songs anymore because it's a bit redundant and it's not going to go away.

I don't know if I have assimilated to the cheese or I just don't find it cheesy at all

I don't know if I have assimilated to the cheese or I just don't find it cheesy at all

it's pretty cheesy, the drill sergeant parts being the worst offendor

but generally I really like the song, it's catchy and kinda heavy although I wish it had been a little heavier it's still less cheesy and lyrically embarrassing than songs like Survival and I love Survival as well anyway

What a world we live in :rolleyes:

it is a shame. people are far too sensitive in the current climate, which is why this song can pass for edgy, just barely.

if you object to the use of fuck because you don't think it befits the song i guess that's fair (i dont agree) but if you are offended i would suggest a thicker skin.

I wouldn't rush to show my friends Micro Cuts, but it's still a good song from a good album

Can't compare this to Microcuts! When I first heard it I didn't like it, but I warmed up to it as it was like nothing I had personally ever heard before. This track is one of the most uninspired, generic and lyrically weak songs muse have done. I just can't get past the whole "Your ass is mine now" just sounds like something out of a prison and Matt sounds super weird and awkward saying it.