'I'm young but I know that I'm aroused' - Showbiz

'It's a race and I'm gonna win' - The 2nd Law

'It's time for a miracle, it's time for something biblical, to pull us through, and this is the end of the world' - Absolution

'And you will burn in hell, yeah you'll burn in hell for your sins' - BH&R

'And she attacks me like a leo when my heart is split like Rio' - The Resistance

''Your golden lies feed my role, in this forgotten space race under my control' - OOS

Look, guys, yeah, the lyrics to Psycho are cheesy, and they might not be up to the amazing standard of the likes of Citizen Erased or Time is Running Out, but think: every album has had lyrics that have been massively cheesy or just... plain awful at times (I Belong to You, I'm staring in your direction).

I think a lot of people are taking it all too seriously and being a bit arty-farty about it, but in my opinion, the song is fun. Muse sound like they had massive fun with this song, with lyrics that are incredibly cheesy but straight to the point.

But I don't think you can act like 'uuuggghhhh this album will be terrible the song has awful lyrics boo hoo' when you consider past songs.

Tl;dr? Yeah, it's cool if you don't like the song, because, ya know, that's called an opinion. But don't go raining on everyone's hype train and being all pessimistic.

I like the "Your golden lies..." lyric, it's bangin'. The Absolution lyric isn't terrible either

My alternative station just said that they won't be playing this song because it's too offensive.

I'm sure Dead Inside will get a lot of airtime in a couple of weeks though.

There's something sad about an "alternative" station finding this too offensive to play. Pop stations I get, but umm, yeah.

'It's time for a miracle, it's time for something biblical, to pull us through, and this is the end of the world' - Absolution

'And she attacks me like a leo when my heart is split like Rio' - The Resistance

''Your golden lies feed my role, in this forgotten space race under my control' - OOS

Look, guys, yeah, the lyrics to Psycho are cheesy, and they might not be up to the amazing standard of the likes of Citizen Erased or Time is Running Out, but think: every album has had lyrics that have been massively cheesy or just... plain awful at times (I Belong to You, I'm staring in your direction).

I think a lot of people are taking it all too seriously and being a bit arty-farty about it, but in my opinion, the song is fun. Muse sound like they had massive fun with this song, with lyrics that are incredibly cheesy but straight to the point.

But I don't think you can act like 'uuuggghhhh this album will be terrible the song has awful lyrics boo hoo' when you consider past songs.

Tl;dr? Yeah, it's cool if you don't like the song, because, ya know, that's called an opinion. But don't go raining on everyone's hype train and being all pessimistic.

Not sure why you'd pick that perfectly fine OoS lyric when there are much, MUCH worse.

And people are allowed to express their negative opinions of the song as much as people are to be happy.

Why is not liking it "raining on someone's parade"? Are your opinions so malleable?

Those OoS, BHaR and Absolution lyrics are freaking epic imo.

Not sure why you'd pick that perfectly fine OoS lyric when there are much, MUCH worse.

And people are allowed to express their negative opinions of the song as much as people are to be happy.

Why is not liking it "raining on someone's parade"? Are your opinions so malleable?

I'm not saying disliking it is bad. Heck, sometimes that's a good thing. But I mean shooting people down because of your dislike. I've seen it a few times. My opinions will be utter balls to other people, and that's fine. But I just feel turning around to people and saying 'ugh how on earth can you like the lyrics it's all [generic rant]' (which I have seen on numerous places tonight) is just... nah.

I forgot they're playing a Finnish festival! It won't be that one, but probably the next time after that!

AND HEY, you're the biggest fan I know.

Yeah, I thought so! Arena and stadium gigs are so much easier. But I'll definitely be there and yes, lets meet and be awesome

Yet not the most devoted :awesome:

Yeah, I thought so! Arena and stadium gigs are so much easier. But I'll definitely be there and yes, lets meet and be awesome

Yet not the most devoted :awesome:

Sweet! I'm looking forward to meeting you again. I'm meeting Nana at Roskilde, she'll probably be super Danish as always.

That was years ago! :phu:

As someone who dislikes the lyrics from T2L and dislikes the Drones album art due to their uninspired content, I'm actually quite happy with the Psycho lyrics.

It's from the perspective of a drill sergeant, so you can't expect it to be beautiful and poetic. The fact that it's simplistic and blunt works well in the context. The way he's singing it (i.e. fantastically and beautifully) is nicely juxtaposed to the actual content of the lyrics (brainwashing a new recruit into becoming a "psycho killer").

Ignoring the lyrics though, it's gonna be an absolute banger live. Probably not enough musical variety within the song to make it one that I'll listen to as many times as some earlier stuff, but still it's absolutely fantastic.

If the rest of the album is on par with this one, then I'll be one happy fan, that's for sure.