Yes, because wikipedia says that they're a progressive rock band :rolleyes:. I listen to bands because of their sound, I don't care about how techincally proficent they are or what genre they are representing. It's the music that matters, and frankly this piece of music is uninspiring. However, as I said, it will probably be fun live.

"Progressive rock is a genre that adds elements of jazz, classical and avant-garde forms of music to rock compositions."

or

"...characterized by large-scale compositions on epic themes, in which musicians display instrumental virtuosity."

I'm not going to get into this argument.

Muse, however is generic prog-rock, so disliking this song for it being "generic" means you're probably a tool.

"Progressive rock is a genre that adds elements of jazz, classical and avant-garde forms of music to rock compositions."

or

"...characterized by large-scale compositions on epic themes, in which musicians display instrumental virtuosity."

I'm not going to get into this argument.

Muse, however is generic prog-rock, so disliking this song for it being "generic" means you're probably a tool.

I was obviously sarcastic with the wikipedia comment, so you're argument does not cut it.