You're probably one of the people who, when talking to other people, say that you listen to Muse because it's technical and that Muse are a musician's musician.

:rolleyes:

Muse are a slightly progressive rock band with pretty generic song structures.

Yes, because wikipedia says that they're a progressive rock band :rolleyes:. I listen to bands because of their sound, I don't care about how techincally proficent they are or what genre they are representing. It's the music that matters, and frankly this piece of music is uninspiring. However, as I said, it will probably be fun live.

The difference between any of the other songs Muse has released since BH&R is the reaction online (other than .mu) is nearly 100% positive.

23f4bdef3e9c720b41c78f628830f857.png

Considering how diverse everyone's opinion is when it comes to music, that's a fucking outstanding ratio.

So on first listen...

Very good overall, although I was expecting more compositional variation for the track length. The repetition works to a certain extent, that riff and the "your ass belongs to me now" part are the highlights, the guitar outro part is good, but slightly disappointed it didn't go further into another conclusive riff or solo.

Oh and I really liked what they did with the sergeant voice, works really well throughout. I also loved when the main riff was played but higher further into the verse, simple but bloody effective is how I'd sum the song up. Will also be utterly killer live.

Edited by Hopix

So on first listen...

Very good overall, although I was expecting more compositional variation for the track length. The repetition works to a certain extent, that riff and the "your ass belongs to me now" part are the highlights, the guitar outro part is good, but slightly disappointed it didn't go further into another conclusive riff or solo.

Oh and I really liked what they did with the sergeant voice, works really well throughout. I also loved when the main riff was played but higher further into the verse, simply but bloody effective is how I'd sum the song up. Will also be utterly killer live.

Really agree with you here. Would have benefited form a bit more variation yeah.

So on first listen...

Oh and I really liked what they did with the sergeant voice, works really well throughout. I also loved when the main riff was played but higher further into the verse, simply but bloody effective is how I'd sum the song up. Will also be utterly killer live.

My roommate said almost exactly the same thing. This song is going to be amazing live.