Is that actually true? I thought it wasn't actually confirmed?

One of the guys who was there said the riff was sounchecked and (I think) then the whole song was soundchecked a bit later. Everything he said seemed pretty legit. Then again, I think something about Sing For Absolution being sounchecked was mentioned as well which seems a bit dubious. IIRC, I think more than one source mentioned TSP being soundchecked but I didn't see any of the others.

So, in summary, not 100% confirmed :chuckle: Doesn't seem too unlikely though. It was requested on the UK tour a fair bit and when a fan asked Matt if they'd play it in the US, he said something along the lines of "We'll see."

Can any Download regulars tell me if day tickets sold out in the last few years?

Desperately trying to get my hands on a couple, but still waiting for conformation from my friend he can go and it's terrifying me

Can any Download regulars tell me if day tickets sold out in the last few years?

Desperately trying to get my hands on a couple, but still waiting for conformation from my friend he can go and it's terrifying me

I can't say for sure but my guess would be if they've not sold out with 2 weeks to go they likely aren't going to - other thing to watch for is if they get taken off sale a few days/a week before.

My ticket still hasn't arrived :erm: Bought it off Get Me In 'cause I'm a nob and thought it was sold out on the website. GMI said in two confirmation emails that tickets normally arrive the week of the gig, but still, I'm getting antsy...

I haven't had my ticket yet either. My friends have only very recently had theirs from Ticketmaster.

I used Ticketline and the status suggests that they aren't even in stock for shipping yet. So I'll no doubt be ringing them on Wednesday morning.

Very strange consdering I've always had festival tickets at least 4 weeks before the event.

Just been accepted to volunteer. So excited. Fingers crossed I get Muse off.

Woop! See you there maybe :p

I really hope we get a set similar to Rockavaria (in length) and not last night's.

This is my official prediction now:

Psycho

Stockholm Syndrome

Supermassive

Dead Inside

Hysteria

Assassin

Munich Jam

Citizen Erased

New Born

Bliss

Mercy

TIRO

Reapers

JFK + Defector

Uprising

Knights

+ maybe another new song or two somewhere where they fit.

My prediction/hope:

Psycho

Stockholm Syndrome

Supermassive Black Hole

Dead Inside

Hysteria

Assassin (Ext.)

Citizen Erased

Apocalypse Please

Uprising

Dead Star

New Born

Bliss (Ext.)

Mercy

Time Is Running Out

Plug In Baby

Reapers

-----

JFK

Defector

Starlight

Knights Of Cydonia

Y'all missing out The Handler.

What they should do (imo), considering the festival demographic:

Reapers

Psycho

Hyper Music

Supermassive Black Hole

Interlude + Hysteria

Dead Star

The Handler

Animals

Assassin

Citizen Erased

Apocalypse Please

New Born

Micro Cuts

The Globalist

Knights Of Cydonia

JFK + Defector

Uprising

Stockholm Syndrome

Obviously not expecting that though.

I think this has the potential to be amazing. That being said I am a bit anxious about crowd reaction if the setlist is shit.

This. Completely.

But if they deliver....

Does anyone know how long Faith No More will be on for? The "second" act are usually an hour, right?

Average setlist length for Download headliners is usually 18 to 20 songs. So I suspect they will be on stage for a while.

With that in mind I really do hope they throw in some heavy oldies. I still haven't witnessed Agitated or Muscle Museum live. If they play those I will be crowd surfing for sure :\mm/:

Average setlist length for Download headliners is usually 18 to 20 songs. So I suspect they will be on stage for a while.

With that in mind I really do hope they throw in some heavy oldies. I still haven't witnessed Agitated or Muscle Museum live. If they play those I will be crowd surfing for sure :\mm/:

but then you get some acts that actually want to put on a great show instead of phoning it in http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/system-of-a-down/2011/donington-park-castle-donington-england-7bd326e4.html

Apparently they'll get just over two hours on stage... seems almost too good to be true though.

Has anyone else been bigging up Muse to their doubtful friends who are also going to Download? I've had to do a lot of explaining to sceptical metalheads. I just hope Muse don't erase all the good things I've had to say about how they'll "play a heavy set" by playing all of their hits.

Hope Chris remembers what he said about their heavier stuff/deeper cuts.