I'd imagine it'll become something like a Muse gig in itself with the amount of us that will go along.

Anyway, so pleased with what Matt said last night, just hope they keep their word on this. Can't see them dropping Mercy and Dead Inside but if they're the only two soft songs then we can't complain I guess.

I think they might drop them in replace of heavier Drones tracks - perhaps The Handler (I hope) and Defector?

And yeah pretty much :LOL:

I hope they mess with those on the front row by putting out the printed setlist as something like:

Dead Inside

Psycho

Mercy +Reapers Drum beat intro

Resistance

Starlight

Madness

Neutron Star Collision

Explorers

Feeling Good

Revolt

Big Freeze (live debut)

Aftermath

Unintended

Undisclosed Desires

Drones

Invincible

Man with a Harmonica

Think its pretty much impossible for them to play Download and not do at least something a bit different to normal, I'm hoping Assassin and a return for The Small Print but not getting hopes up too much!

Also long shot as i asked the other week, but anyone going to this on their own at the moment that would be up for meeting up for a bit or whatever?

This is more or less what I'm hoping for and half expecting setlist wise:

(in no particular order)

Reapers

Psycho

The Handler

Microcuts

Dead Star

Agitated

Yes Please

Muscle Museum

Hyper Music

Plug in Baby

The Small Print

Assassin

Bliss

Stockholm Syndrome

Knights of Cydonia

Hysteria

New Born

Citizen Erased

PLEASE NOT FUCKING STARLIGHT.

This is more or less what I'm hoping for and half expecting setlist wise:

(in no particular order)

Reapers

Psycho

The Handler

Microcuts

Dead Star

Agitated

Yes Please

Muscle Museum

Hyper Music

Plug in Baby

The Small Print

Assassin

Bliss

Stockholm Syndrome

Knights of Cydonia

Hysteria

New Born

Citizen Erased

PLEASE NOT FUCKING STARLIGHT.

Will that would be a solid list!! So we're expecting 18 songs?

They did 20 in their Glasto spot last time and 22 at Leeds and Reading...

Considering this is basically the only major festival they've never played,

and from the recent interviews of it "getting special attention", maybe we

can expect a slightly longer set too!

Heading down from Newcastle on the saturday, pretty much just gonna drive down, see muse, and drive back to Newcastle! Really hope the set is super heavy!!!

Not got a ticket yet BUT close to tipping point with the recent radio interview talk :D

I live all the way up in Scotland but wouldn't want to buy a ticket and end up waaaaay

at the back! I know obviously Newcastle is much closer, I was planning on possibly leaving on the Friday but what sort of time would be ideal to secure a place near(ish) the front for Muse on Saturday? I've been to a load of gigs in my time BUT I'm a bit of a festival virgin to be honest, so excuse my ignorance, but do they open the gates in the morning of each day, or how do you go best about getting close? Any long time festival goers, please chime in and help me! Cheers...

Will that would be a solid list!! So we're expecting 18 songs?

They did 20 in their Glasto spot last time and 22 at Leeds and Reading...

Considering this is basically the only major festival they've never played,

and from the recent interviews of it "getting special attention", maybe we

can expect a slightly longer set too!

Yeah average setlist length for Download headliners is 20 songs. Another guy in here linked me to a System of a Down setlist and theirs was 26 or 27. Where as Slipknot, Rammstein and Aerosmith have been more like 18/19.

The only songs I missed out really were Supermassive and Time is Running Out. I've heard them live 7 times though and they're just boring. When Starlight comes on I always go for a time out (toilet or bar).

20 would be good, I'm expecting 18 though.

Yep. They are on stage for 1 hour 45 mins. 18 is very likely with that time scale if they play a couple of lengthy tracks.

Edited by Reapers

Not got a ticket yet BUT close to tipping point with the recent radio interview talk :D

I live all the way up in Scotland but wouldn't want to buy a ticket and end up waaaaay

at the back! I know obviously Newcastle is much closer, I was planning on possibly leaving on the Friday but what sort of time would be ideal to secure a place near(ish) the front for Muse on Saturday? I've been to a load of gigs in my time BUT I'm a bit of a festival virgin to be honest, so excuse my ignorance, but do they open the gates in the morning of each day, or how do you go best about getting close? Any long time festival goers, please chime in and help me! Cheers...

I went to download in 2013, and honestly if you get there for Faith No More, stand around and keep your place until Muse you will have a great view. That's all we did for Slipknot/Maiden/Rammstein and we got perhaps 10-15 rows from the front? It sounds far but for a festival that's close enough. Maybe not barrier, but pretty close I think. I have no desire to be near the front. It's such a squash that there's no room to groove!! If you really reallly want the barrier, i'm sure some at least a few people just stay there all day. You have something to lean on, after all...

Gates open in the morning. Your ticket is valid all day, so you should be able to get in from the very start.

I've only seen Muse at a festival once (Leeds) I didn't get to the mainstage until the act befores (elbow) final song and was a few rows from the front.

None of this queuing/getting there early gives any benefit at all to where you end up really (unless you want the barrier then you do have to get there early dor that). I remember that I used to always queue up for gigs so I could get a good space. These days I'm usually not there until the support act is over and I'll be in a similar position in the crowd as to where I was when queuing

I went to download in 2013, and honestly if you get there for Faith No More, stand around and keep your place until Muse you will have a great view. That's all we did for Slipknot/Maiden/Rammstein and we got perhaps 10-15 rows from the front? It sounds far but for a festival that's close enough. Maybe not barrier, but pretty close I think. I have no desire to be near the front. It's such a squash that there's no room to groove!! If you really reallly want the barrier, i'm sure some at least a few people just stay there all day. You have something to lean on, after all...

Gates open in the morning. Your ticket is valid all day, so you should be able to get in from the very start.

Thanks for this confirmation dude! I suspected as much! Nah don't need to be right at the front, as taking my girl and she probably doesn't want to be moshed to death, so somewhere within the front 20 rows would be great, see a bit of the light show, etc! Gates open around 11, is it?

I've only seen Muse at a festival once (Leeds) I didn't get to the mainstage until the act befores (elbow) final song and was a few rows from the front.

None of this queuing/getting there early gives any benefit at all to where you end up really (unless you want the barrier then you do have to get there early dor that). I remember that I used to always queue up for gigs so I could get a good space. These days I'm usually not there until the support act is over and I'll be in a similar position in the crowd as to where I was when queuing

Again, great to know, just when you're travelling from 100s of miles away, it's good to have a bit of info on this! Not a festival goer, just a gig goer! So wasn't quite sure! As long as we're fairly near and not stuck waaaaaaay at the back, that's all that I wanted to know :)

Just bought tickets for this yesterday. I'm picking them up at the box office on the day, but I just read about the dogtag RFID thing. Apparently the whole festival is cashless and you are supposed to load money onto this chip thing and use your ticket number to register in advance. I don't have my tickets obviously and won't until the day so I can't register this thing. Just wondering if anybody else has thought about this?

Really looking forward to it :D