Nope, can't hype a heavy-only Muse set! I met Dom on Thursday and we asked about whether they'll stick to their promise of a heavy set and he said 'We have to!' :D

Although, I then asked 'No Madness?' and he just smiled and went 'Errr...', which isn't promising :LOL:

He said they'd prob play stuff like Dead Star and The Handler and said yeah maybe to CE when we suggested it. We asked about Showbiz but he gave a v vague reply, just saying they'd have to rehearse it but it's possible. I won't keep my hopes up too high but I still cannot effing WAIT for this! :awesome:

Edited by hyper_chondriac_muser

i was one of the fans who met dom the other day and when asked about showbiz unfortunately it was more like "maybe some day" rather than at download already. he was being pretty vague about it, and i got the impression they haven't rehearsed it really, but he said they'll start rehearsals for DL next week. he also said "maybe" to citizen erased but that was a lot more promising maybe than the showbiz one. and talking about the heavy setlist he mentioned dead star as an example.

so, sorry, wouldn't get my hopes up for showbiz. :( although at least they know now a couple of fans would love to see it haha.

Lol, I didn't realise this was you :p Yeah, I really don't think they'll play Showbiz, but I'm still really excited for this gig. It won't be a perfect set, and they'll still play 'the hits' but at least it'll be a bit different to the rest of the festival tour and they've got more 'heavy' stuff in mind. It'll be the first time I see The Handler, so v excited for that!

Although, I then asked 'No Madness?' and he just smiled and went 'Errr...', which isn't promising :LOL:

I'm gonna hold out blind hope that that was more of a 'Errr, yeah, no.' than a 'Errr, well, this is awkward.' Or that they'll at least get rid of it closer to the time. Of all the songs, that would be one of the worst to play at a festival like Download and you would have to be dumb to play it. Like, really dumb.

If you have to play a pop-ish song or two, at least make it one of the more rock ones like MOTP, PIB, Bliss, TIRO, SMBH or Revolt ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Speaking of Map, as much as I want a heavy set with rarities and whatnot, I'd be really happy if they played it. Been a while since I saw it.

They're not going to play Madness :LOL: Every UK date has managed to avoid it so far, if it didn't appear at Big Weekend I doubt it'll appear at Download.

Would be a classic and almost brilliant case of Muse logic though. Barely play one of your poppiest songs, then whip it out at a metal festival.

FUCK IT! Just bought tickets for Download! That radio interview pushed me over the edge, don't disappoint me Muse!

Now just need to work out best way from Aberdeen to Glasgow (pick up friend) and then down! (cost effective) Then what to do after the end of Saturday night, no-where booked to sleep, haha !!

PSYCHED

FUCK IT! Just bought tickets for Download! That radio interview pushed me over the edge, don't disappoint me Muse!

Now just need to work out best way from Aberdeen to Glasgow (pick up friend) and then down! (cost effective) Then what to do after the end of Saturday night, no-where booked to sleep, haha !!

PSYCHED

Take the bus or taxi to Loughborough, go party in Echos then get the megabus at 4am from Loughborough Uni to Glasgow :D

i was one of the fans who met dom the other day and when asked about showbiz unfortunately it was more like "maybe some day" rather than at download already. he was being pretty vague about it, and i got the impression they haven't rehearsed it really, but he said they'll start rehearsals for DL next week. he also said "maybe" to citizen erased but that was a lot more promising maybe than the showbiz one. and talking about the heavy setlist he mentioned dead star as an example.

so, sorry, wouldn't get my hopes up for showbiz. :( although at least they know now a couple of fans would love to see it haha.

More than just a couple of fans, when I was at the Manchester gig in March this year, there was a very loud and clear chant for Showbiz. So, they know fans want it.

Looking forward to this. Going to be interesting to focus their set on a particular sound.

Ideal setlist and (hopefully realistic) for me would be

Reapers

Psycho

Agitated

Dead Star

Futurism

Yes Please

Citizen Erased

Mk Ultra

Apocalypse Please

Hysteria

Assassin

Unnatural Selection

The Handler

Fury

Stockholm Syndrome

Too short I know but I could settle for something like that.

Edited by Matt

Can't afford a hotel, currently looks like I'm going to have to get the 3:50am coach from Derby to London as that's pretty much the only halfway decent option. Ouch :LOL:

There's a megabus from Loughborough at 2:40am

Take the bus or taxi to Loughborough, go party in Echos then get the megabus at 4am from Loughborough Uni to Glasgow :D

Sounds like a plan! I have a friend coming too, see what she wants to do, An early start pre gig is fine, as adrenaline sees ya through, bit harder on the comedown, but it'll be worth it!

Sounds like a plan! I have a friend coming too, see what she wants to do, An early start pre gig is fine, as adrenaline sees ya through, bit harder on the comedown, but it'll be worth it!

Echos is a place i'd describe as 'so shit it's awesome' haha

If I still lived in the East Mids I'd have gone to Download and probably stayed in Loughborough

Can't afford a hotel, currently looks like I'm going to have to get the 3:50am coach from Derby to London as that's pretty much the only halfway decent option. Ouch :LOL:

It a similar position but need to get back to Scotland! haha...We'll pull through on the high of the gig! :)

Echos is a place i'd describe as 'so shit it's awesome' haha

If I still lived in the East Mids I'd have gone to Download and probably stayed in Loughborough

Echos a nightclub, yea? Probably be open till 3 or 4 am so definitely an option! Darn, such a good suggestion, I see the megabus back up the road to glasgow too, may go for this, it's £35 tho, not the cheapest option, but maybe the best! Darn, if I'd been signed up for this trip ages ago, probably would of got a pretty good deal on that! Such is life!

Edited by colonizedmind

Echos a nightclub, yea? Probably be open till 3 or 4 am so definitely an option! Darn, such a good suggestion, I see the megabus back the road to glasgow too, may go for this, it's £35 tho, not the cheapest option, but maybe the best! Darn, if I'd been signed up for this trip ages ago, probably would of got a pretty good deal on that! Such is life!

Yeah. There's also the kelso which is a bit nearer the uni where you'd need to get the bus from which is more of a late bar with a dancefloor, bit more sophisticated with a nice terrace. That's open until 3/4 from what I remember.

Edit: http://www.thekelso.co.uk

Yeah £35 isn't the cheapest but it's direct at least (I assume!)

Edited by Mozza

Yeah. There's also the kelso which is a bit nearer the uni where you'd need to get the bus from which is more of a late bar with a dancefloor, bit more sophisticated with a nice terrace. That's open until 3/4 from what I remember.

Yeah £35 isn't the cheapest but it's direct at least (I assume!)

Yea, it's direct I believe! It's another option! I've collected about 3 or 4 possible routes there and back now...Then I'll be presenting it to the my friend! Always best to avoid the aggro by letting the girl choose the method of getting there, so they can't moan (as much) haha

More than just a couple of fans, when I was at the Manchester gig in March this year, there was a very loud and clear chant for Showbiz. So, they know fans want it.

Probably posted about it before but I'd also like to add that Dom said before and after that gig that he'd love to play it, but that they just couldn't remember how. So they're up for it, or Dom is at least.

I wouldn't put my hopes on Showbiz though, like I said it's not really a particularly 'Download' song. There's other rarities like TSP that're more likely imo. People should be asking about Assassin :(