Just bought tickets for this yesterday. I'm picking them up at the box office on the day, but I just read about the dogtag RFID thing. Apparently the whole festival is cashless and you are supposed to load money onto this chip thing and use your ticket number to register in advance. I don't have my tickets obviously and won't until the day so I can't register this thing. Just wondering if anybody else has thought about this?

Really looking forward to it :D

If you're just doing the one day, then you can link your ticket to your RIFD tag via the app/website on your phone. There's various points at the festival where you can top up too. :)

If you're just doing the one day, then you can link your ticket to your RIFD tag via the app/website on your phone. There's various points at the festival where you can top up too. :)

Thanks, so would I have to do that before presenting my ticket? I mean if I hand in my ticket in exchange for a wristband as is normally the case I think, I'd no longer know my ticket number. I'm probably overthinking it :)

I think it's a cool idea though!

Thanks, so would I have to do that before presenting my ticket? I mean if I hand in my ticket in exchange for a wristband as is normally the case I think, I'd no longer know my ticket number. I'm probably overthinking it :)

I think it's a cool idea though!

It's a terrible idea, you'll get left with leftover credit that you can't claim back. It's just another way of conning people out of more money

I think I've decided not to go to this but all these talks of heavy setlists are tempting me

It's a terrible idea, you'll get left with leftover credit that you can't claim back. It's just another way of conning people out of more money

I think I've decided not to go to this but all these talks of heavy setlists are tempting me

You clearly don't know a lot about it.

From the Download website: "Balances will automatically be refunded to the card details you have used to top up your account"

So no, you are not being conned out of money.

Probably going to go to this although it looks like I'll be going alone right now.

Not that I care, I just really don't want to miss this :D

Yea, it's becoming unmissable in my book! What's your game plan then? What time are you going to aim to get there for, plus where do you aim to be in the crowd for ideal experience??

Apparently Dom told a fan they 'might' play Showbiz. By no means a guarantee (and they most probably won't) but it's better than a no.

Not the first rarity that springs to mind when I think heavy/metal but I guess it'd work. He seemed keen for it at MA, so it's definitely possible.

The possibility of Showbiz and Assassin (which I'm thinking is almost nailed on at this point) in the same gig, among others...Not to overhype it, but this has the potential to be the best setlist I've seen them do, maybe even one of the best in around 10 years.

...I just overhyped it, didn't I?

Woop! See you there maybe :p

I really hope we get a set similar to Rockavaria (in length) and not last night's.

This is my official prediction now:

Psycho

Stockholm Syndrome

Supermassive

Dead Inside

Hysteria

Assassin

Munich Jam

Citizen Erased

New Born

Bliss

Mercy

TIRO

Reapers

JFK + Defector

Uprising

Knights

+ maybe another new song or two somewhere where they fit.

I think it will be a decent length and the best set list, hard hitting wise...

This is like the only major festival Muse have never done and there's been quite

a bit of talk of doing less played, harder songs now...I think we'll get a memorable set!

You clearly don't know a lot about it.

From the Download website: "Balances will automatically be refunded to the card details you have used to top up your account"

So no, you are not being conned out of money.

ah I just assumed it was the same as other festivals that use the token system, fairplay if you get any extra credit back into your bank account then. It'll make the bar trips much quicker and more efficient

Apparently Dom told a fan they 'might' play Showbiz. By no means a guarantee (and they most probably won't) but it's better than a no.

i was one of the fans who met dom the other day and when asked about showbiz unfortunately it was more like "maybe some day" rather than at download already. he was being pretty vague about it, and i got the impression they haven't rehearsed it really, but he said they'll start rehearsals for DL next week. he also said "maybe" to citizen erased but that was a lot more promising maybe than the showbiz one. and talking about the heavy setlist he mentioned dead star as an example.

so, sorry, wouldn't get my hopes up for showbiz. :( although at least they know now a couple of fans would love to see it haha.

i was one of the fans who met dom the other day and when asked about showbiz unfortunately it was more like "maybe some day" rather than at download already. he was being pretty vague about it, and i got the impression they haven't rehearsed it really, but he said they'll start rehearsals for DL next week. he also said "maybe" to citizen erased but that was a lot more promising maybe than the showbiz one. and talking about the heavy setlist he mentioned dead star as an example.

so, sorry, wouldn't get my hopes up for showbiz. :( although at least they know now a couple of fans would love to see it haha.

Oh, that's disappointing. :(

But, thinking more positively, maybe they might rehearse it. *clings on to vague hope*

Still, CE and Dead Star (and potentially Assassin) in the same set... When was the last time that happened? :stongue:

edit: actually researched the last one with CE and DS and I think it was Chile in 2008... That was the only time that year the two were played at the same gig. Before 2008, DS was last played in 2004. Assassin was played between 2005-2007 (and 2015 ofc) That means there's NEVER been a gig where all three of those were played... :eek:

Edited by DifferentPerson

Aww, that's disappointing. Hopefully he just wanted to keep it as a bit of a secret.