Well you'd have to realise that if he was on the piano in the electric piano setting up on a tower he wasn't going to play bliss. Still a pretty shit thing to do.

Well I know that even though they obviously weren't going into the song it was still kind of a way of saying "you're not getting the full song now, you're getting Feeling Good instead". Didn't bother me that much but I can imagine it being worse with Bliss because that was actually possible.

There is at least one recording out there of a true piano intro-ed Bliss, but no, at no point did I ever expect it was going to happen.

However, getting FG is a middle finger, no matter how it happens. :phu:

Plus, with Bliss being actually my second favorite Muse song of all time, it definitely brought home the fact that I was never going to see it live ever, which I probably would not have been dwelling on for the rest of the evening had that not happened.

That coupled with the fact that the coolness of the pillars wore off after the intro, about the time I realized they made it so I couldn't see worth a shit, made the TR tour a bit "meh" for my first actual Muse gig.

Matt has so much more freedom now with Morgan and Kirk ( is that the other synth players name) to pick up the Mic and walk around... love it

Okay thanks for finally settling it. Lovely trolling btw, just on the edge of making sense so it's very believable.

Matt has so much more freedom now with Morgan and Kirk ( is that the other synth players name) to pick up the Mic and walk around... love it

I could not agree more. You know, it really annoys me that people believe Matt has become a pop diva. It's just not true. People go mental at Matt for not playing the guitar during certain songs, but it does, on the other hand, give him the chance to practise that other instrument of his: his voice.

I'm really glad you posted what you did, because it's given me the confidence to agree with you. We stand together.

• 3 weeks later...