I'm actually there and i can't hear sounds or see lights coming from the stadium, in fact, i can't see the stadium either, just a gigant crater in the place where the Ricoh Arena used to be. What it means? :stunned:

It means you somehow ended up at Ground Zero instead.

@mabmab71

Oh my god aliens have landed at the #Ricoh, no hold on It's just Muse and there crazy laser display #ricohfire

@christmasturtle

@muse @MattBellamy @Dominic_Howard @CTWolstenholme FEELUNG GOOD. HI WE'RE OUTSIDE RICOH

So I take it there are no sounds (or explosions) coming from the Ricoh today?

I was wondering around at 22:00-22:45, no sounds, just the lighting stuck on a purple theme with the occasional shift of direction, or strobe every few minutes. No sound.

I was wondering around at 22:00-22:45, no sounds, just the lighting stuck on a purple theme with the occasional shift of direction, or strobe every few minutes. No sound.

As a lighting/sound technician-in-training, I cannot wait to see the lights at this gig if they made the fucking clouds purple. As a Muse fan, these gigs are going to be fucking phenomenal, I can tell.

A more serious thought on the "Power Station Stage" concept. It does make sense because they are playing Blackout. Also, Matt said in an interview (yes I know most of the times Matt says something in an interview it turns out to be BS :p) a few weeks ago that he wants to play a song in the dark. So it would seem logical that they'd play Blackout with all the lights off (imagine that with a sea of 40.000 lights from mobile phones in the crowd :facemelt:)

I guess you've never YouTubed Soldiers Poem during the last stadium tour then? As for Big Freeze I also get his tone of "it won't be played", it's kinda implied by mentioning similar songs off albums that don't get played - there's always one off every album that doesn't seem to get played - only song to get played Big Freeze. Would like to hear it live though seen as it's never been played and would take it over Feeling Good which I've heard 4 times now.

Haha, weren't they rumoured to play a gig at the Battersea Power Station at the start of the tour? Guess they found their own way to play at a power complex anyway lol

It had been announced, but then the release of the album was pushed back a week and it just fell through.

So the Ricoh website suggests only a 2 hour slot, which doesn't really allow for too much more than they've been doing already.

So, normal setlists plus Guiding Light, Unintended and Blackout then? ;)

Archived