I didn't remotely take that as an attack on me! I just suggested that people could be a bit more careful to phrase things to make it clear it's *their* opinion, and not that of the entire Muse fandom, which many, many people don't do. But like I said, flogging a dead horse!

*shrug* I've never seen Fillip or HTAILY. I don't choose the setlists, I go because I enjoy enough of the songs to know that I'll have a good time even if I don't get my favourites. Why be bitter? What a waste of time that is!

Being bitter is a waste of time but being passive isn't any good either. A couple of signs at a gig won't hurt the band and hopefully no one is seething with anger that their favorite song isn't getting played.

Being bitter is a waste of time but being passive isn't any good either. A couple of signs at a gig won't hurt the band and hopefully no one is seething with anger that their favorite song isn't getting played.

I've been thinking about the concept of a band 'selling out,' been meaning to blog it actually but I'm shit at getting round to stuff. And I've come to the conclusion that if 'selling out' means 'compromising the artistic integrity' of the artist/band, then bowing to the pressure of what fans are clamouring for rather than playing what the artist/band wants to play, is feeling at that point, is pretty much the definition of selling out. So, sure, campaign if you like, and I'm doing it myself, but I'd rather they were playing stuff because they want to rather than because they think they have to.

Archived