I really hate the elitist 'hardcore fan' thing especially when it carries the assumption that the 'real fans' only like the heavier/older stuff. I have my preferences for particular songs and that but I don't hate T2L like the more vocal people here do.

'real fans' or 'elitest fans' is a shit concept that people like to bring up to specify a "fan since.." date. Other than that it gives them no real status other than bragging rights and even then, so what if you were a fan first. Makes no difference

I've been a fan since 2003, but I don't bring it up or call myself a true fan or elitest just because I like their heavier stuff. It's just personal preference

p.s I don't think people on hear call themselves true fans anyway. I've never seen it anyway

I really hate the elitist 'hardcore fan' thing especially when it carries the assumption that the 'real fans' only like the heavier/older stuff. I have my preferences for particular songs and that but I don't hate T2L like the more vocal people here do.

You got the perfect tours and setlists for the last couple of years then. Now other people get to express their happiness. I don't think anyone seriously calls themselves a 'real fan' on here so your bitterness may be a matter of perception.

As much as I hate it, I understand it. Have you seen the reaction to songs like Dead Star at Madison Square Garden? The thing that really bothers me though is that they continue to play these songs in the bigger locations that STILL get lackluster reactions and don't just play it everywhere (where the same number of people will appreciate it and a smaller number of people will be there to go "what the hell is this? That's not on my CD of The Second Law")

'real fans' or 'elitest fans' is a shit concept that people like to bring up to specify a "fan since.." date. Other than that it gives them no real status other than bragging rights and even then, so what if you were a fan first. Makes no difference

I've been a fan since 2003, but I don't bring it up or call myself a true fan or elitest just because I like their heavier stuff. It's just personal preference

right, but then also don't assume (and use language that suggests) you speak for the whole board/fanbase when you're talking about *your* preferences?

I really like BHAR and TR. BHAR for the live aspect, mostly, as the production was awful but TR is the easiest album to sit down and listen to apart from Absolution for me.

Not a fan of T2L at all but that's just opinion. Nothing elitist about it.

You got the perfect tours and setlists for the last couple of years then. Now other people get to express their happiness. I don't think anyone seriously calls themselves a 'real fan' on here so your bitterness may be a matter of perception.

I'm not bitter, it's just a matter of use of language mostly, the prevailing patterns of speech that say that *everyone* wants this or that or the other when it's that person's preference. I know I'm flogging a dead horse though so I'll stop now!

ETA It's true I've enjoyed most of every gig I've been at, wouldn't call them all perfect though!

Maybe MWAH gives Matt's voice a rest, he works it hard. Although, I agree, MWAH has been a thing for so long and it's not my favourite thing.

Even just a different intro would help freshen it up though.

How long has MWAH been around for now, 5-6 years? Christ, that's depressing.

Songs like Madness and Panic Station obviously don't fit with this kind of tour but It's very surprising not to see a single T2L song, something like Survival or Supremacy wouldn't be that out of place.

Liquid State.

ETA especially if MWAH is about giving Matt a break!

Archived