I'm still hoping that at one time in my life I will see Stockholm Syndrome close 2004 style. By far there best closer imo.

I really like BHAR and TR. BHAR for the live aspect, mostly, as the production was awful but TR is the easiest album to sit down and listen to apart from Absolution for me.

Not a fan of T2L at all but that's just opinion. Nothing elitist about it.

Have to admit, I think The Resistance has become my least favourite album :$

And that's the first tour I saw them on!

Given the choice, I'd definitely sit down with The 2nd Law before it.

Liquid State.

ETA especially if MWAH is about giving Matt a break!

Exactly, depends on if Chris wants to carry on singing in shows if he's not going to do lead vocals on a record any more.

Songs like Madness and Panic Station obviously don't fit with this kind of tour but It's very surprising not to see a single T2L song, something like Survival or Supremacy wouldn't be that out of place.

It appears so far Matt's actually keen on playing all of his instruments, so maybe he's waiting for a piano for Survival?

Muse just needs to find a balance of appealing to the casual and hardcore listeners. I'm not an artist but I've always felt like if you're willing to spend $70-100 on a ticket, you're already pretty interested in the band even if you haven't heard everything they've done, so why not play some obscure material? It'd probably sell some tracks and albums off iTunes as well.

It's getting to the point where if you talk to anyone that knows anything about the live music scene, when Muse comes up in discussion they say "only Europe and Japan gets the older stuff". That's a really bad sign if even the casual listeners know that's a touring habit of theirs.

Animals just doesn't translate live well at all. People get bored and start yapping over it and it completely ruins the vibe.

Kind of agree, you can't really dance or mosh or rock out to it really until about 3:30 into the song and that's too long really to ask of the average gig goer to shut up and listen to Matt's guitar noodling (as nice as it is).

Would love to see Take a Bow make a surprise return as a closer with fire and shit.

right, but then also don't assume (and use language that suggests) you speak for the whole board/fanbase when you're talking about *your* preferences?

Wow, Someone has a stick up ones arse don't they.

Who said I was speaking about people on this board? I gave my opinion based on the concept of the self claim of being a true fan. No idea why YOU took it so personal and used Laungage that would suggest aggression

Well. If last tour's anything to go by they're only going to get better and better as the tour progresses. Hell, America last tour didn't get nearly as screwed over as on the Resistance tour.

I'm not bitter, it's just a matter of use of language mostly, the prevailing patterns of speech that say that *everyone* wants this or that or the other when it's that person's preference.

You're not wrong. I just think the voices of those who don't get what they want tend to be louder, which may give the perception that they represent a bigger group than they're actually part of. I'm not sure it's got to do with being 'real fans' or anyone claiming they're real fans though. Though I do think older fans generally prefer the heavier stuff.

Not really complaining just suggesting that if Muse want each show to be special and not to have an anti-climactic end - they have to improve selection of their closer - not to make it predictable. So far, as great as this tour has been ... close it with a new song or rarity-not the one they have been doing mostly the last 3 tours. My only little beef, lol. Cheers!

You have to remember that most people at a Muse show don't give a shit what song closed the night/tour before.

The Board is angry. Stop agitating The Board. The Board wants no more of The 2nd Law.

This is the word of The Board.

Muse just needs to find a balance of appealing to the casual and hardcore listeners. I'm not an artist but I've always felt like if you're willing to spend $70-100 on a ticket, you're already pretty interested in the band even if you haven't heard everything they've done, so why not play some obscure material? It'd probably sell some tracks and albums off iTunes as well.

It's getting to the point where if you talk to anyone that knows anything about the live music scene, when Muse comes up in discussion they say "only Europe and Japan gets the older stuff". That's a really bad sign if even the casual listeners know that's a touring habit of theirs.

you speak in gross generalizations. also dead star got a great reaction at MSG so i don't know what you were going on about before.

and no, you're not an artist. you're the elitist type that has been mentioned in this thread. you'll deny it, because elitists never self identify. it's ok. i got you.

You have to remember that most people at a Muse show don't give a shit what song closed the night/tour before.

Good point.

I can see them rotating more closers this tour.

The Board is angry. Stop agitating The Board. The Board wants no more of The 2nd Law.

is it

:yesey:

lol.

Well. If last tour's anything to go by they're only going to get better and better as the tour progresses. Hell, America last tour didn't get nearly as screwed over as on the Resistance tour.

That's what really annoyed me about the last tour actually. I saw them at when the tour kicked off and it was a very average setlist. Nothing special to what I've seen before. For them to, by the end of it, change it up and randomly through out songs like deadstar, agitated, yes please, futurism etc.

That's what really annoyed me about the last tour actually. I saw them at when the tour kicked off and it was a very average setlist. Nothing special to what I've seen before. For them to, by the end of it, change it up and randomly through out songs like deadstar, agitated, yes please, futurism etc.

now who sounds bitter?! lol