gocanux

At the Vancouver gig this week, some Musers on the barrier yelled "Dead Star! Dead Star!" during the Starlight singalong, and got a laugh from Matthew in reply.

So sign the petition! Join the movement! Let the band know that we in North America want to hear this song, and others that have sadly become rarities in their setlists.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dead-star/

Thanks! Spread the word!

What is required for this to work is that no one gets selfish and stupid and just goes "but I want Bliss more so I'll call for that instead". I mean sure you can call for Bliss, not it won't exactly help this "cause".

Get people to make signs!

yeah the main form of persuasion will be a unified time to hold up signs that say Dead Star or something like that on them during the show. shouting will not be our tool as that would definitely be annoying.

the best time to do it would be during UD, since a) most people wouldn't mind a bit more excitement to that song and b) matt gets right in peoples faces so they can shove the signs right in his :p

While seeing Dead Star definitely would be amazing, there are songs I would WAYYY rather hear than Dead Star such as Citizen Erased, Space Dementia, or Showbiz but it's probably the best choice to just get everyone to be unified to one song rather than pleading Muse for a string of different ones.

It seems here on this board Dead Star is the one song that is almost unanimously praised and loved so it is probably a good choice to petition for even if I don't agree that it is Muse's No 1 best song.

like the movement, but shouting dead star in the middle of the crowd's chance to sing along to starlight is ridiculously rude to the people that want to enjoy the song that IS being played.

I actually agree with this... :$

People yelling things during songs others want to enjoy, or holding up signs so no one else can see...

It's similar to the people that boo during songs they don't like.

like the movement, but shouting dead star in the middle of the crowd's chance to sing along to starlight is ridiculously rude to the people that want to enjoy the song that IS being played.

People yelling things during songs others want to enjoy, or holding up signs so no one else can see...

I agree too. There was a similar discussion about it in the fb group for it and most people said the same thing. Also if there are signs, they should be held at that person's eye level or below.

Seriously. I mean trust me I love Dead Star, and want it to be played as much as anyone... heck, I tweeted to Chris requesting it before the LA Shows in 2010 (which by the way did include dead star riffage during the famous riffgasm session two nights after)

https://twitter.com/TonyBullony/status/25437856690

But the video I saw of people yelling DEAD STAR over and over again during Starlight made me cringe.

Archived