gocanux

Contrary to what Jamie says, he wasn't alone in making this happen :p

Loads of us have been Tweeting the band for the last couple of weeks. When Dom stopped to chat on Monday, I asked him if they were going to play it then my friend asked Matt. The people down the other end of the building also asked them the same. Then when they walked away towards the door, we ALL shouted it out!

This.

Jamie is dipping a bit into self adulation. For days people were tweeting "#DeadStarforShepherdsBush" to the band, the member, Kirk, etc. Plenty of people who meet them asked, and shouted it during gigs. Mostly things like that.

They better be careful. People might get used to them listening to what the fans want, :LOL:

No really, that gives me hope for NA.

If they do play it over there I just hope they get the same reaction as they got from us rowdy lot! :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XQkt2cUGEY&feature=youtu.be

Our singing is awful and the video is shaky but this will probably go down as one of my all-time favourite moments from any of the thirty or so Muse gigs I've been to since 2003 :)

When actually was the last time they played Dead Star, anyway? I saw it at Marlay Park and V in 2008 but I don't know where else they've played it since.

When actually was the last time they played Dead Star, anyway? I saw it at Marlay Park and V in 2008 but I don't know where else they've played it since.

Last time was at Budokan in 2010. But 2008, ending with V Fest, was the last time it appeared somewhat regularly.

If they do play it over there I just hope they get the same reaction as they got from us rowdy lot! :LOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XQkt2cUGEY&feature=youtu.be

Our singing is awful and the video is shaky but this will probably go down as one of my all-time favourite moments from any of the thirty or so Muse gigs I've been to since 2003 :)

Love the video Pip, even if "shaky" is quite an understatement ;) really happy they played the song, and hopefully it will be on the setlists in the future...:)

Last time was at Budokan in 2010. But 2008, ending with V Fest, was the last time it appeared somewhat regularly.

Nice :)

Scratch that. I forgot about the Hong Kong gig not too long after Budokan. That was actually the last performance of Dead Star before SBE.

/Asia

Dont worry Pip! I'm not thinking it's me at all, I was just pissing about :p

What exactly did you guys say or do to Matt to get him to agree?! I would like to hear the whole story at some point!;)

"Hey Matt, what's the setlist looking like?"

"Dunno, what do you want?!"

"DEAD STAR OMG"

"hahah ok i'll play it for you"

Hopefully next time they play it, the tech team doesn't forget to turn Chris' mic on :LOL:

We could still hear it unmic'd from the barrier it was so loud :awesome:

As I've said in the Facebook thread, requests should be and have been welcomed in the past. While things have definitely changed since the days of three guys going into a club and asking people what they want to hear, now everything is packaged beforehand BUT to counter that argument, Citizen Erased was apparently added last minute in Sao Paulo while opening for U2. They didn't have visuals, they just had a few effects going on while the band was being recorded and projected onto the screens. Another example of that was Muscle Museum in Moscow or whatever, Tom Kirk requested it and they just did the "generic pro-shot footage" for the screens.

On Night #3 of the Los Angeles shows, we made hundreds of signs with CITIZEN ERASED in bold print and held them up at the beginning of Supremacy when Matt walks out onto the platform. Held it up for five seconds, he sees them, takes note of it and the sign was put away for the rest of the gig.

It's early enough in the show to make it slightly possible and it doesn't ruin anyone's time. The pieces of paper don't ruin the visibility of the band, it's easily noticeable and there's no shouting in other people's ears or messing up the "sing along into the microphone" segments involved.

I looked up "Muscle Museum Moscow" (alliteration, lol) and found this. What even.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVHHakDLf6w

Archived