gocanux

Found it funny how Matt 'asked' the people on the barrier what they wanted to hear because the roulette landed on green, knowing full well that one of them would (and did) yell out Dead Star. Guess they finally realized that the fans want it.

Well, the night before, all of us at the barrier had Dead Star signs, and held them up during the Starlight sing-a-long. He definitely noticed them! (Here's a video below, the part in question starts about 15 seconds in. You can see me clearly in it, but I'm not gonna point myself out :LOL: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKhYtBWJKgU&feature=youtu.be&t=19s

It's hard to see from that angle, but once he gets through all the signs (with that "okay, okay, okay" hand motion :p ) He mouthed out "Tomorrow?" and we all started nodding and screaming. I definitely think that had a big impact on why it was played the second night and, like you said, when he asked what we wanted to hear, he already knew exactly what we were gonna say, as most of us had been in the exact same spots on the barrier the night before :p(Random fangirl fact: I happened to be the one Matt pointed to when he said "No one else knows it apart from you" *swoon*)

I just think it was pretty awesome that they played it, knowing full-well that they were really only catering to a small portion of the fans. Hope they realized just how much we all appreciated it, and that there were other folks not on the barrier who appreciate it as well!

#DeadStarEverywhere

yes.

doing this may remove any ounce of surprise that's left in their setlists these days. but I am ok with that. I just want to hear Dead Star so bad. :supersad:

(Random fangirl fact: I happened to be the one Matt pointed to when he said "No one else knows it apart from you" *swoon*)

tbh everyone around you probably thought the same about themselves. :chuckle:

tbh everyone around you probably thought the same about themselves. :chuckle:

:LOL: Normally I would agree with you XD But I asked the people standing immediately beside me, and they agreed that it was me :p (Though I supposed there's still a chance they were mistaken XD But that's ok, I had two epic moments of interaction with Matt earlier that make up for it ;) (but that's a story for another thread XD)

north_america.gif

yup.

so what's with this movement now? are we going to start rotating songs now? I have a feeling things are going to start getting messy when we introduce more songs into the mix. I just wanna hear a rarity :supersad:

:LOL: Normally I would agree with you XD But I asked the people standing immediately beside me, and they agreed that it was me :p (Though I supposed there's still a chance they were mistaken XD But that's ok, I had two epic moments of interaction with Matt earlier that make up for it ;) (but that's a story for another thread XD)

lol maybe they were being nice :chuckle: naw, i'm only kidding, I probably would've been convinced as well if I was in your shoes.

oh good :D must admit the name change wasn't exactly a welcome sight for me :LOL: but I guess getting our Dead Star requests answered over and over wouldn't make it so much of a surprise anymore.

yeah i thought about leaving the facebook group the same name but i felt it could deceiving. the main goal when the page was created was for Dead Star to be played and with two appearance at big venues our goal was more than accomplished

at this point its more of a "lets discuss our favorite oldies, their odds of being played, if we want to organize signs to hold up for them, etc." that kinda deal. of course, mostly there for fun and for LOLZ :p

at this point its more of a "lets discuss our favorite oldies, their odds of being played, if we want to organize signs to hold up for them, etc." that kinda deal. of course, mostly there for fun and for LOLZ :p

I don't mind, I knew that would happen eventually. It's just hard for me to let go of things :chuckle: I do hope some sort of movement continues in the fall!

I don't mind, I knew that would happen eventually. It's just hard for me to let go of things :chuckle: I do hope some sort of movement continues in the fall!

im sure it will! itll really depend on how crazy the setlists get during the stadium shows, ie if muse plays fury i bet fans would pick that to sign for

Archived