gocanux

We could do the opposite, then. Instead of shouting it out, when Matt stops singing during Starlight and turns to the audience for the singalong, we can just stay quiet and hold up our Dead Star signs. :chuckle: Not high enough to block people's view, just above the barrier.

No more cheesy singalongs for you until we get our Dead Star, Matt! :shifty: We'll sing along to THAT one plz. Tom can totes whip up some graphics with the lyrics on for the noobs in the back.

Also, let's hold up the signs when Chris comes out for Save Me/Liquid State as well. We can't trust Matt alone, he likes trolling us too much. :ninja:

How about a 50-50 song called Dead Starlight? :p

I remember at the O2 gig I saw on this tour a guy from the bit behind the stage shouted "Play Dead Star" so loud the whole arena heard him and Matt seemed to give a wee chuckle. But in terms of this it's worth a go. However there are people who want to hear Starlight so it's getting the balance right. How about during Resistance?

Someone shouts dead star almost every gig. You can hear it on the BBC radio 2 show and it makes me cringe every time.

The only time it was funny was at the first live performance of madness on Swedish tv (?) where the audience shouted a whOle load of songs like execution commentary and con science :chuckle:

As I've said in the Facebook thread, requests should be and have been welcomed in the past. While things have definitely changed since the days of three guys going into a club and asking people what they want to hear, now everything is packaged beforehand BUT to counter that argument, Citizen Erased was apparently added last minute in Sao Paulo while opening for U2. They didn't have visuals, they just had a few effects going on while the band was being recorded and projected onto the screens. Another example of that was Muscle Museum in Moscow or whatever, Tom Kirk requested it and they just did the "generic pro-shot footage" for the screens.

On Night #3 of the Los Angeles shows, we made hundreds of signs with CITIZEN ERASED in bold print and held them up at the beginning of Supremacy when Matt walks out onto the platform. Held it up for five seconds, he sees them, takes note of it and the sign was put away for the rest of the gig.

It's early enough in the show to make it slightly possible and it doesn't ruin anyone's time. The pieces of paper don't ruin the visibility of the band, it's easily noticeable and there's no shouting in other people's ears or messing up the "sing along into the microphone" segments involved.

After seeing this topic i looked up a youtube video from that night. I could vaugly hear some of the people at the front shout Dead Star (luckily the person filming was close to the front.)

I would love too see it brought back, didnt they say in 2011 that they loved listing to it on there Ipods (or something along those lines) so it is not impossible for it to be return at some stage.

I agree with what people are saying about just using a piece of paper / banner with Play Dead Star at the barrier so long as it does not block anybody else's view. I feel the perfect time too do it would be during Undisclosed Desires as not many people seem to like that song anyway and Matt does his little walk to the barrier so he would likely see them.

Shouting during Starlight although funny to watch in Youtube video's can ruin the experiance for other people at the gig (and lets be fair, Starlight is not going anywhere soon) I will just say from personal experiance i had a guy sing jibberish next to me, he is more than entitled to do that he payed his money and all, but i could barely hear Matt sing!

Not to hop on the bandwagon or anything but Dead Star has always been the #1 live song to hear in my book, I'd much rather it be the right way than the Hullabaloo version but I'm not about to get picky here ^_^

Well they haven't really played it in the Hullabaloo way since it was officially released. If they were to play it it would be just like VFest/Budokan.

I agree with what people are saying about just using a piece of paper / banner with Play Dead Star at the barrier so long as it does not block anybody else's view. I feel the perfect time too do it would be during Undisclosed Desires as not many people seem to like that song anyway and Matt does his little walk to the barrier so he would likely see them.

That'd be better than Supremacy but people want to hope that they'll get it at their show and Undisclosed Desires is one of the last songs on the main set. Too late to make the change realistically, Supremacy is the first "real song" and Matt goes off stage several times throughout the show.

Also most of the people holding up signs are in the front on the barrier and they'd much rather shake Matt's hand than hold up a sign. There might be a few people in the "almost barrier" area but a lot of them don't know the deeper cuts, as I've noticed.

They'd need some time to prepare the generic video footage with Tom Kirk's direction.

Archived