I'd say the average age of their fans is 9 years old :p They'll be performing tonight :unsure:

Did you see the short interview on ITV2 beforehand when the interviewer asked if Muse were fans of 1D?

And how could Muse not make it clearer it was live? Guitar way too low in the mix at the beginning, generally a different tone than on record. Matt singing the melody a little different in verses, and vox a lot more distorted than on record. Blargh

Yeah I agree completely, maybe part of it is when Matt leans back from the mic but his voice still carries, especially the high part.

But that is almost like a "trademark" in Matt's vocal technique. You often see him well over a meter from the mic doing the highest notes.

I didn't think for a moment that Muse was miming, however I did in passing wonder if the orchestra was live since it sounded exactly like on the album. Then again, for professional classically trained musicians it must be easy to re-create that sound. By the time the trumpet became prominent it became obvious that at least that wasn't mimed/album track.

EDIT:The host is annoying.

Did you see the short interview on ITV2 beforehand when the interviewer asked if Muse were fans of 1D?

And how could Muse not make it clearer it was live? Guitar way too low in the mix at the beginning, generally a different tone than on record. Matt singing the melody a little different in verses, and vox a lot more distorted than on record. Blargh

I think it may have been the distortion that made people think he was miming, because it doesn't sound natural.

I didn't think for a moment that Muse was miming, however I did in passing wonder if the orchestra was live since it sounded exactly like on the album. Then again, for professional classically trained musicians it must be easy to re-create that sound. By the time the trumpet became prominent it became obvious that at least that wasn't mimed/album track.

The strings were definitely mic'd up. Whether the sound from them was actually put in the mix dunno, was difficult to tell as if strings were live they were played bang on!

I think it may have been the distortion that made people think he was miming, because it doesn't sound natural.

Hm.

The orchestra didn't sound recorded. Different notes and sections of it stood out differently than the album version. And what's the point of advertising it beforehand as a live orchestra then using a mimed one?

The orchestra didn't sound recorded. Different notes and sections of it stood out differently than the album version. And what's the point of advertising it beforehand as a live orchestra then using a mimed one?

I was watching a poor quality stream so I couldn't see/hear all the details. I was just discussing my initial impression which changed when the performance progressed.

I did also think that it would make little sense to bring all those musicians there for a mime show.

Archived