I think they are being blocked on account of the fact that the performance has been released on iTunes to raise money for Warchild, which is fair enough.

They would be blocked regardless of whether it was released of not. Award shows are very strict about that.

When I first got into Muse one of the things that astonished me the most was Matt's live voice. Most rock artists sound great on the album, but a little more rough live. One of the reasons I fell in love with Muse was that Matt sounds great live, with few exceptions. He's got great pitch. He's got great timing. He's got great dynamics. I get why people think he's not really singing: how many artists (ROCK artists, mind you) sound as good live as on the album? It's rare.

I thought Matt sounded miles better than Timberlake and Robbie Williams. And they are vocal artists...

Anyway, too bad they didn't win, but you can't win them all, and it's a tough year. Loads of good music coming out of the UK this year.

Heres a link to the full show, thankfully Muse was the opener so they're the first 5 minutes of the vid.

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/1753820/brits/videos/12146986

EDIT : The vid is about 5 posts down in that link.

Thank you! I live in the US and don't get Fuse, so there was no way to watch it on television. This is fantastic! Muse's live performances always amaze me with how they sound better than the studio versions. They probably did deserve to win best live act; this performance is a testament to that. But so it goes.

Archived