bells is trending and most of it is people saying he mimed. Didn't look like he was...

After watching dozens of gig footage of Supremacy, it definitely wasn't mimed. Certain key areas of the vocals are different to the studio, if you listen out for it. For example, the 'your supremacy' falsetto always sounds different, the distortion on the mic is different, Matt doesn't sustain the note for as long as he does on the studio. Also, the mid section vocals over the solo section always sound distinctly different.

I actually didn't see any mics near the orchestra so I'm wondering about that.

Then again I could barely see anything since the stream quality apparently dropped as soon as Muse started playing.

Nah orchestra did have mics

Who the fuck started the miming rumour and how blind/deaf are they? :LOL:

Ah well, at least it wasn't someone totally shit who won.

Agreed.

Lol at the way 'Muse' and 'One Direction' were emphasized when Mumford and Sons spoke. He said Muse with genuine appreciation and said One Direction because he felt obliged to.

Are One Direction as horrible as they looked? Again, I don't know them. :LOL:

Agreed.

Lol at the way 'Muse' and 'One Direction' were emphasized when Mumford and Sons spoke. He said Muse with genuine appreciation and said One Direction because he felt obliged to.

Haha, yes, I thought that was funny.

After watching dozens of gig footage of Supremacy, it definitely wasn't mimed. Certain key areas of the vocals are different to the studio, if you listen out for it. For example, the 'your supremacy' falsetto always sounds different, the distortion on the mic is different, Matt doesn't sustain the note for as long as he does on the studio. Also, the mid section vocals over the solo section always sound distinctly different.

They have done pre-recorded miming stuff previously. So just because it is different from the studio version, it doesn't mean it is live. That being said, I think things like the feedback on the solo would have been fixed if it was mimed.

Yeah I agree completely, maybe part of it is when Matt leans back from the mic but his voice still carries, especially the high part.

Archived