It was NOT easy and I was on the verge of killing someone, but I finally got tickets to this :LOL:

But now I have a question (for anyone with more gig-going experience than me). Because I live in the US, they say they won't send the tickets to me and I have to pick them up at the box office the day of. That's totally fine, except for one thing -- My mom technically "bought" the tickets (with her credit card) so it's under her name. Are they going to let me pick up the tickets? According to the gigsandtours website, they "cannot guarantee" that the person at the box office will give you your tickets without the cardholder there, as they need a signature for the receipt.

I was planning on bringing a copy of the confirmation email, the physical credit card, my photo ID, a copy of my mom's photo ID, and a hand-written note signed by my mom saying I can pick up the tickets. Do you think they'll still give me a problem? I tried contacting the Emirates box office about this, but they told me I had to talk to the place that told me the tickets, so I emailed them a bit ago and am still waiting to hear back.

If they say no to my email, I'm considering asking if they would let me send them money to cover the shipping costs so that they could just send the tickets (since I think it's due to mailing fees that they won't send them that far). Do you think they'd go for that?

I know it's early to worry about something like this, but with my luck, I'd make it to the Stadium and they'd reject me. I really don't have any other option, as my mother will be on the other side of the Atlantic ocean at the time I pick up the tickets. :-/

My daughter's boyfriend was assaulted the day before the he was due to go to the 02 and was in hospital recovering from surgery to a fractured jaw when he should have been at the concert. Really hope we get him a ticket for one of these gigs :)

Yay-managed to get tickets, I am so pleased for him :)

Got my Standing ticket for this and the Saturday :awesome:

Just out of interest, what time did they announce the support acts? As Green Day have already announced theirs (tbh, they needed to to help sell tickets while Muse don't need the support act's help to sell their tickets...) so I guess the support need to be booked quite far in advance - so should we find out quite far in advance? :)

How does a 3rd party ticket vendor get to sell Muse tickets for the Emirates at premium rate before they go on general sale? Something smells bad.

They buy them in bulk from presale by signing up to many artist websites under more than one account and IP address, just like MUSE.MU and buy as many as they can.

Then they buy more from places like EBAY, and sell them on. It has been known that these so call sites hope that they can buy tickets, as they have sold them before they have actually bought any (if you understand).

what I say is :-

Unfortunatly there are members that could not wait to put them onto EBAY to make an instant profit. Obviously they had no intentions of going, but bought them to make a quick killing, and to stop true fans getting hold of tickets.

What we need is "Gigs and Tours" to buy all these tickets up today so they know who is selling them, then cancell their order !

Then they can claim a refund from paypal / ebay for non delivery of the tickets they bought from these so called fans.;)

Afterall the tickets on sale today could only be bought with a code.:mad:

I am too old to stand these days and also like to be able to see. And to be able put my bag & coat down. Things like that become important when you reach a certain age ;) After having a heart attack at the price, I went for the Club seats, but now feel like a massive tit as I didn't realise the general admission were also for unreserved seats. Oh well. Got block 61, which looks ok. Interested to know if there were any better blocks available.

I completed everything by 09:32 including the confirmation email for the saturday gig. I also had block 61 as that was the nearest to the stage. I guess the even closer blocks will be released on Friday, and I guess that Ticketmaster will have these.

I also got block 61 although I am not sure to go yet (my dream is to find tickets for the Champion's League final and Muse the next day... one can dream) :D

But it's a shame it wasn't clearly specified that the "GA" tickets were also for the lower tier seats

Hi!

Yeah i haven't got my tickets, waiting for the Friday, but i'm hoping to go to both nights?

So at the moment, i'm going on my own, and i was wondering what everyone else who don't live in London are doing for staying over? I've lined up a few hotels near the stadium but i don't want to be assaulted. D:

If i can camp in the Stadium then that sounds swish to me :3

Why the hell the code is limited to one use on one gig I don't know.

actually, the code appears to be limited to one use per website, at least that is what Dee3Dee wrote in the "Stadium Pre-Sales Start Tomorrow" thread (Quote: "I think the code can only be used once per WEBSITE.", Dee3Dee, post # 84, Stadium Pre-Sales Start Tomorrow thread)...

Edit: sorry, that thesis about "one use per website" appears to be incorrect...

actually, the code appears to be limited to one use per website, at least that is what Dee3Dee wrote in the "Stadium Pre-Sales Start Tomorrow" thread (Quote: "I think the code can only be used once per WEBSITE.", Dee3Dee, post # 84, Stadium Pre-Sales Start Tomorrow thread)...

Yeah I see that now. Don't think anyone had worked that out before I posted though. Just wish they'd made that clear BEFORE tickets went on sale.

Nope, I couldn't buy Barcelona tickets because it said I had already used my code (2 tickets for Coventry).

Got my London tickets on G & T presale today.

Archived