L.

Had an awesome time last night and managed to get there early enough to get on the barrier right in front of where Matt would normally be. It was a great set up but they seemed to do half the gig on the very long runway which left those of us at the front with a video to watch and sometimes virtually no lighting which made for no atmosphere while we waited for the band to reappear onto the main stage. Personally I wish they'd either do a 360 gig like U2/Prince or stick to the main stage for more than half the gig rather than trying to do both.

I think they just tried to cater for all areas on the arena. If they were at the front for all of the gig the people sitting at the back would be extremely miffed.

The show was amazing!! The only downside I had (other than Dizzee, who in fairness did get some of the crowd going) the audience were lame!! There were a few around me who gave it all they could, but there was hardly any enthusiasm from majority of the crowd, most seemed stoned on weed because that's all I could smell, maybe that's why people were so calm.... Hoping for a better audience from London! Can't wait to see them again

I think they just tried to cater for all areas on the arena. If they were at the front for all of the gig the people sitting at the back would be extremely miffed.

Yeah, I did think that, but then those standing paid more money ;) I guess I just couldn't believe my luck (or bladder holding skillz :eek:) for getting to the barrier for a change. I normally don't arrive in time and end up dancing around at the back :LOL:

I've attempted to attach a photo below - not great but just to show you how Matt got 'in with the crowd'. Well done to all those who got a high five! ;)

Maffew.thumb.jpg.51937760241485cc77cb0183b83ecc20.jpg

chris' side was intense ! you picked the wrong side :(

:( I reckon so. Oh well, going again on Sunday so might try for his side, or maybe the end of the catwalk :D Just hope to god the crowd are better. Might take my cattle prodder, that would get them jumping! :LOL:

chris' side was intense ! you picked the wrong side :(

Have to agree we were on the barrier on Chris' side and it was brilliant - it was my friends first gig and they were blown away - was originally going to aim for Matt's side but sounds like fate (and me not being able to run that fast!) did us a favour :D Can't wait for Manchester now.

Great gig. Intro - Stockholm was fantastic!! B-stage was a troll, but I'll take it for Dead Star, Bliss and Sunburn. Finishing on Starlight was underwhelming.

Good to see Matt flying up and down the walk way at every opportunity really, but I'd be a bit annoyed if I'd queued all day for the barrier.

Have to agree we were on the barrier on Chris' side and it was brilliant - it was my friends first gig and they were blown away - was originally going to aim for Matt's side but sounds like fate (and me not being able to run that fast!) did us a favour :D Can't wait for Manchester now.

i was around 4-5 rows back, most fun i've had at a muse gig i think !

Dizzee definitely won the crowd over, from where I was on the barrier on Chris' side, Matt's side were bouncing. If the vile woman that punched me in the throat because I wouldn't let her on the barrier is reading this, I hope you suffer a similar fate at the next gig you go to you stupid bitch.

Gig was amazing though! I cried during Blackout

Absolutely fantastic gig, as an old school Muse fan who hadn't seen them live since about 2006 in Edinburgh (at a guess) it was quite a treat.

Really so glad I went. Wasn't very convenient, but who cares when its that good.

Anybody got a full setlist they can post up? Can't find it anywhere. Cheers!

Highlight of the night was Unintended or Panic Station. Resistance was quality too, which I didn't expect.

Best Muse gig I've been too.

I was stood on the barrier at the tip of the runway at the end, it was perfect!! Being feet away from the guys but being able to take in the whole stage, by far the best place to stand! Apart from the fireball in the intro, it actually hurt when it went off, took the security guys by surprise that's for sure!

Bliss, Deadstar, Sunburn were all amazing! The visuals are incredible and stage is just immense. I was dissapointed with the huge light bulb tbh, it was just a repeat of the UFO again. It was nice but just kind of seen that already.

My only issue was Matt doing his Bono impression during Starlight and Blackout. Not playing so much as a guitar just seemed a little lazy to me.

Madness and Follow Me were good for a sing along but I felt the lack of lasers left it lacking that spectacle feeling.

All in all, truly amazing!! Got a pocket full of Muse currency as compensation for having my eyebrows burnt off lol

Im uploading photos on my instagram Citizenerased88 of anyone's interested :) and uploading videos on my youtube 23JAF88 :)

Yeah, I did think that, but then those standing paid more money ;) I guess I just couldn't believe my luck (or bladder holding skillz :eek:) for getting to the barrier for a change. I normally don't arrive in time and end up dancing around at the back :LOL:

Really?! When I got my tickets on release day (I got seats this time) I paid more than what the standing seats were going for

Amazing night. First Muse gig sitting for a while.... Not that we did any if that when they were on

9th time for me! Seated for a change (only other time seated was in 2003 Absolution tour :( )

No new songs played for me, other than new album - Highlights includied Deadstar (seen once before, most people in standing section didn't seem to know it all!), Blackout, Bliss.

Also don't mind that it's the first gig of 9 that they haven't played Hysteria!

Lowlights include Madness, Undisclosed Desires, no Citizen Erased! Woulda preffered Newborn to Stockholm.

Hi all 1st post,

Went to the Ricoh last night, awesome performance, 3rd time seeing Muse, i think they just get better. Wasnt really sure about the new album, but liking it better after seeing the live performance. Don't know whether anyone will know the answer to this one but what were the giant inflatable balls for at the top of the stands? i was expecting those to be released into the crowd.

Hi all 1st post,

Went to the Ricoh last night, awesome performance, 3rd time seeing Muse, i think they just get better. Wasnt really sure about the new album, but liking it better after seeing the live performance. Don't know whether anyone will know the answer to this one but what were the giant inflatable balls for at the top of the stands? i was expecting those to be released into the crowd.

Yeah me too, maybe they thought there wasn't enough people.

Lowlights include Madness, Undisclosed Desires, no Citizen Erased! Woulda preffered Newborn to Stockholm.

They played Stockholm at the LG Arena last year, so I was hoping for New Born too. Not that Stockholm wasn't good.

Dizzee definitely won the crowd over, from where I was on the barrier on Chris' side, Matt's side were bouncing. If the vile woman that punched me in the throat because I wouldn't let her on the barrier is reading this, I hope you suffer a similar fate at the next gig you go to you stupid bitch.

Gig was amazing though! I cried during Blackout

Josh, Catherine told me about that incident I'm so sorry that happened to you and I wish I'd been next to you, as I'd have decked the bitch :kiss:

I really enjoyed the gig. Was on right side of barrier, about halfway along, and was very disappointed about the amount of time Matt spent on that side...maybe ten seconds. He needs to sort that out.

Sorry to say, I thought the crowd was exceptionally shit, it really was. I literally didn't feel anyone up against me for the duration of the gig, WTF? I sincerely hope the crowds at the rest of the gigs are a little more enthusiastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVyMIvd5_CE

I had an awesome time. It was my first gig and I absolutely loved it. I was in seats and the people around me were quite subdued for the majority of the gig and everyone seemed confused when Sunburn and Dead Star came on. I had a lot of fun and next time I'm probably going for barrier :D

I really enjoyed the gig. Was on right side of barrier, about halfway along, and was very disappointed about the amount of time Matt spent on that side...maybe ten seconds. He needs to sort that out.

Sorry to say, I thought the crowd was exceptionally shit, it really was. I literally didn't feel anyone up against me for the duration of the gig, WTF? I sincerely hope the crowds at the rest of the gigs are a little more enthusiastic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YVyMIvd5_CE

you should have been near me near Chris' side of the crotch of the thrust.. was nice and cosy with muse types going mental going squishy. dizzee didnt get us going, but to my right near you there was a bunch just taking the mickey by dancing like loons (good energy haha). we did have the smell of weed and other ppl under influence raving their tits off to dizzee near me jackie and jen.

i too only saw matt twice come over to Chris' wing, but its a new production and they have tons of running about to do, let alone play music and matt sing. no doubt they'l go over what happened and fine tune the show

Oh I know, I do appreciate that. It should have been planned far better than that before the gig though. I just felt very sorry for the girls I was with (teenagers of my friend) because they so wanted to see more of Matt.

Archived