2013.06.04 - Amsterdam Arena, Amsterdam, The Netherlands

L.

I have no idea how high it is compares to the Emirates stadium; I think the AA is quite high though?

Emirates Stadium is 41,9 meters tall and the Amsterdam Arena has a height of 78 meters. So yeh quite a bit taller:)

From what i've heard theyve made some adjustments to the roof to improve acoustics during concerts. I think that's the reason why they close the roof during concerts here.

Map, Hysteria, Sunburn, Butterflies, Liquid State, New Born (Micro Cuts? :D) for Amsterdam?

The wouldn't dare start playing Explorers and Save Me now, right...?

What's wrong with Save Me?? love that song! But Chris plays rather Liquid State so it won't change.

But yeah i think that they play the songs to you mentioned. Except Micro Cuts or Muscle Museum.

Whee getting real excited for my first Muse gig!

Gotten into Muse a year or two ago. Really wanted to go the gig at Ziggo Dome, but didn't get any tickets.

Got tickets for tuesday though! Going with a good friend of mine.

Too bad they probably won't be playing Citizen Erased, but the set list still looks pretty good at the stadiums so far :)

I hope for Butterflies and Hysteria though :)

The G and J entrances, does anyone know if there are seperte places in the pit too? Or is it just the entrances?

It's just the entrances, one in the left corner and one in the right corner. Of course for Matt's side G is closer and J for Chris.

It is possible to still have the pyros while the roof is closed, it just depends on how high the stage is... I'm an Ajax fan so I visit the Arena a lot. There sometimes is big fireworks while the roof is closed, but the only problem is that the smoke keeps "hanging" for a while...

Edit:

After seeing this picture, I think there will be pyro but maybe just a bit smaller... There's a decent amount of room between the stage and the roof. :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=488257157912032&set=a.357093081028441.81906.111042545633497&type=1&theater

I hope they keep in mind what they played at the Ziggo Dome last year... wouldn't want to see New Born over Stockholm again! But I'm sure it's gonna be awesome regardless of what they play.

By the way, is anyone else sort of worried about the sound in the Arena? I haven't been there before, but all I've heard about it is that it's absolutely terrible... Would be a shame.

I don't think Muse take the Ziggo Dome gig into account. Apparently New Born is better than it was back then, but I'm still hoping for Stockholm Syndrome.

I don't have high hopes for the sound quality. I haven't been there before as well, but from what I've heard it's an accoustic nightmare. Let's hope it's not too bad from where I stand.

I will be queueing from around 12:00 at entrance G. Will I meet a lot of other boardies there? Or are there already a lot of other people as well at that time?

Archived