matthijs

What are Manson like when it comes to faults like that? Are you paying for all the expenses or are they helping to cover some costs?

They're covering the repairs. Apparently the finish should never do that. I've not had any issues with the DL-1 either (which has no binding or anything, so it would be fairly easy to spot) so I have no idea what's up with this one.

They're covering the repairs. Apparently the finish should never do that. I've not had any issues with the DL-1 either (which has no binding or anything, so it would be fairly easy to spot) so I have no idea what's up with this one.

That's very good of them. And yeah it does seem very strange. Might just be something to do with the process of putting it on, as it's quite an unusual finish?

Nah not unusual, it's the same alloy finish they've been doing for years, just this one has swirls on it.

Didn't know that! I haven't seen the swirls before. I knew the alloy had been around though. Did the DeLorean have swirls?

Also, slightly off topic, anyone know of a set of headphones for my amp that you can vouch for? Looking for a good quality set as I'm starting to piss off my flatmate :LOL:

Didn't know that! I haven't seen the swirls before. I knew the alloy had been around though. Did the DeLorean have swirls?

Also, slightly off topic, anyone know of a set of headphones for my amp that you can vouch for? Looking for a good quality set as I'm starting to piss off my flatmate :LOL:

Nope it didn't, but the one he uses for knights of cydonia (alloy top) has some light swirls on it from what I remember.

And nah not really. The ones I have alter the sound way too much when I use them for recording (???), so I need to replace them anyway

edit:

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/#!untitled/zoom/c11vl/image1zgx

yep definitely, but they are much more noticeable on the backplates

Nope it didn't, but the one he uses for knights of cydonia (alloy top) has some light swirls on it from what I remember.

And nah not really. The ones I have alter the sound way too much when I use them for recording (???), so I need to replace them anyway

edit:

http://www.mansonguitars.co.uk/#!untitled/zoom/c11vl/image1zgx

yep definitely, but they are much more noticeable on the backplates

I see, that's a very cool finish.

I'm really just needing them for practice, but obviously if they were accurate for recording as well it's a bonus. I've put it off till now because I always prefer the sound coming from the amp, but since I've had Vile I've been playing a lot more and my flatmate has voiced his concerns! Just after a set with good enough audio that it won't put me off playing when I want to!

That was the inspiration for the finish on mine. Wouldn't have cared about aluminium if I hadn't seen the swirl effect on that one. :chuckle:

Mine's more uniform though. I think I originally wanted something similar to James's but the uniform pattern suits it actually. :)

_DSC0174.jpg

Haha, guys! :LOL:

Crowella, it's not as complicated as it looks really. First switch controls magnetic and piezo, second switch can bring in the hexaphonic midi, third switch is a program switch for that too, then the other two next to it are sustainer, and the fuzz factory is down the bottom. You can get some interesting combinations by mixing them up, and there's the kill switch on the horn too. The knobs are just volume for each effect, plus the fuzz factory.

Also...

Give your MB-1 the love that me and my member would give it! :D

Are you a 1/4" or a 5-pin? :stunned:

Haha, guys! :LOL:

Crowella, it's not as complicated as it looks really. First switch controls magnetic and piezo, second switch can bring in the hexaphonic midi, third switch is a program switch for that too, then the other two next to it are sustainer, and the fuzz factory is down the bottom. You can get some interesting combinations by mixing them up, and there's the kill switch on the horn too. The knobs are just volume for each effect, plus the fuzz factory.

Also...

Are you a 1/4" or a 5-pin? :stunned:

Adrian hooked me up with an interchangeable adapter. I work to please.

Archived