matthijs

Ross, I'm sorry to create conflict here, but I would legitimately consider putting my member into that piece of machinery.

:LOL:

I originally ordered my (now obsolete?) MB-1 to that spec, but realized I'd really just be paying the extra for the shape and finish

:LOL:

I originally ordered my (now obsolete?) MB-1 to that spec, but realized I'd really just be paying the extra for the shape and finish

I think the fact that Manson guitars are so tech'd up with gizmos could fool people into thinking they can be made obsolete. Like an iPhone being replaced every year by Apple. I'd completely disagree.

Is a 73' Fender Strat obsolete because they release 2015 versions with, technically speaking, miles better hardware?

Give your MB-1 the love that me and my member would give it! :D

I think the fact that Manson guitars are so tech'd up with gizmos could fool people into thinking they can be made obsolete. Like an iPhone being replaced every year by Apple. I'd completely disagree.

Is a 73' Fender Strat obsolete because they release 2015 versions with, technically speaking, miles better hardware?

Give your MB-1 the love that me and my member would give it! :D

Oh I know. Especially when there's only two or three differences...Actually, isn't it the same with iPhones? I've had my MB-1 for four years, which is over four times longer than I'd have an iPhone, so maybe it's time I get a new one.

Or does that logic not work with guitars?

And I don't know. I have a '73 actually, but is the hardware better on the new US strats? It's more modern I guess, but I don't know if it's better quality. The 70's strats apparently have lower quality hardware than the older ones though, but it's a good guitar. I think they might be attempting to make the strat more versatile with the pickup voicing, different hardware, etc which might or might not be a good thing in my opinion

and it's been neglected a bit lately...need to clean it up and put some new strings on.

Oh I know. Especially when there's only two or three differences...Actually, isn't it the same with iPhones? I've had my MB-1 for four years, which is over four times longer than I'd have an iPhone, so maybe it's time I get a new one.

Or does that logic not work with guitars?

And I don't know. I have a '73 actually, but is the hardware better on the new US strats? It's more modern I guess, but I don't know if it's better quality. The 70's strats apparently have lower quality hardware than the older ones though, but it's a good guitar. I think they might be attempting to make the strat more versatile with the pickup voicing, different hardware, etc which might or might not be a good thing in my opinion

and it's been neglected a bit lately...need to clean it up and put some new strings on.

I feel a bond with a guitar reaches a slightly more personal level than an iPhone, at least. After all, you are making music and not phone calls :LOL:

Nah I get you there, I wouldn't say the hardware is much better on modern models, I was just meaning in terms of all the new 'technologies' companies are putting into modern models. Nothing wrong with it, but just because they are more technically efficient doesn't render the classic models obsolete in my view!

And absolutely, you better clean that up; what a guitar!

Not been here in too long! Bs that custom looks amazing, good to see you've finally got your hands on it. Those videos do it so much more justice for me than the pictures I've seen, looks incredible in motion!

Cheers - been really busy for the last couple of weeks, so I've only been able to play a couple of times recently. Will make up for some of that tonight I think! Played my MB-1 properly a few nights ago while we're on the topic, and it still sounds as good as ever. Definitely a lot crisper and cleaner than the custom if that's the right way to put it. The custom really is pretty full on in every way. Both are fantastic though. :happy:

Cheers - been really busy for the last couple of weeks, so I've only been able to play a couple of times recently. Will make up for some of that tonight I think! Played my MB-1 properly a few nights ago while we're on the topic, and it still sounds as good as ever. Definitely a lot crisper and cleaner than the custom if that's the right way to put it. The custom really is pretty full on in every way. Both are fantastic though. :happy:

Aye I'd take either to be honest :LOL:

I really like that MA-X. Looks like Josh Homme's guitars.

indeed. :ninja:

I feel a bond with a guitar reaches a slightly more personal level than an iPhone, at least. After all, you are making music and not phone calls :LOL:

Nah I get you there, I wouldn't say the hardware is much better on modern models, I was just meaning in terms of all the new 'technologies' companies are putting into modern models. Nothing wrong with it, but just because they are more technically efficient doesn't render the classic models obsolete in my view!

And absolutely, you better clean that up; what a guitar!

Yeah exactly.

Also, I suppose that even if you got one without an X-Y pad, you'd still be able to get a certificate signed by Matthew Bellamy of the band Muse... you would have more man points than Niel

CqN5oCY.jpg

Is $10k a fair asking price for that guitar in the states? I imagine having it shipped over would push the value up a lot, but by nearly $2k?

I'm also thinking of having some adjustments made to my MA-2... pearloid scratchplate and a coil-split :ninja:

Is $10k a fair asking price for that guitar in the states? I imagine having it shipped over would push the value up a lot, but by nearly $2k?

I'm also thinking of having some adjustments made to my MA-2... pearloid scratchplate and a coil-split :ninja:

in aud i would be able to get one for about $8k after shipping and tax and such so i'd say it's a tad overpriced haha

Not unless you're really impatient, and don't want to deal with international shipping

It still comes up to well under $10k with shipping/import charges

But how valuable is one's time? :doobie:

You buy it? :D

Nah

Not that one

I'll have to ask my friend who has an MB-1 how much it cost him to get it here. $8k sounds about right. Also I want to see it. Didn't think someone within a mile of me would own one. Small world.

You have a friend that has an MB-1, and you've never asked him to see it? And he's never offered to show it to you?

Well.

well considering dual p90s are the tastiest p'ups i've heard i might have to look into this mojo business. maybe both a mojo and coil-tap for my ma-2...hopefully it'll be possible

well considering dual p90s are the tastiest p'ups i've heard i might have to look into this mojo business. maybe both a mojo and coil-tap for my ma-2...hopefully it'll be possible

I'm not sure if that's possible with the MBK-1 though.

But yeah, coil split for the bridge pickup, and series parallel should be interesting. I think that's possible anyway.

not a massive fan of neck humbuckers, but think of the tonal variety you could have

Archived