matthijs

Haha, I'm still around, just not as active as I used to be!

Bs, merry christmas:

[ATTACH]15921[/ATTACH]

:LOL:

Where is Bs? I saw him post about the futurism video the other day, but I can only hope he's busy planning something

Haha, it prompted me to relearn that song on guitar actually, but I can't get it sounding as good as that! :chuckle:

I hope he's enjoying his custom anyway, even if he doesn't really feel like posting. Might just send him an email or something to make sure he's not getting too carried away.

To be honest, I've been so busy with uni work lately, I haven't really had much time for playing guitar until this week, when I've treated myself a bit by playing a few times. I did think there was a bit of a problem with the custom at one point, but I'm suspecting it might be a cable issue instead. Need to do a few checks to be sure. Otherwise it's as awesome as ever.

Hopefully he gets time to do the video showing the sounds he makes with that rig. I really want to hear it.

I've actually been keeping it pretty simple lately to be honest, just standard guitar and distortion with the odd effect thrown in. I've noticed that there's a big difference in clarity if I use a stereo cable instead of blending everything out of the guitar through a mono cable too, even if nothing else in the guitar is switched on which is interesting. So I need to figure out what to do with the piezo signal if consider getting a Y cable or something, haha! But yeah, I'm in my final year of uni at the moment so time's a bit of a luxury, and I haven't had much chance apart from when I'd just got the custom to try it with loads of stuff on at once, haha!

:LOL:

Haha, it prompted me to relearn that song on guitar actually, but I can't get it sounding as good as that! :chuckle:

To be honest, I've been so busy with uni work lately, I haven't really had much time for playing guitar until this week, when I've treated myself a bit by playing a few times. I did think there was a bit of a problem with the custom at one point, but I'm suspecting it might be a cable issue instead. Need to do a few checks to be sure. Otherwise it's as awesome as ever.

I've actually been keeping it pretty simple lately to be honest, just standard guitar and distortion with the odd effect thrown in. I've noticed that there's a big difference in clarity if I use a stereo cable instead of blending everything out of the guitar through a mono cable too, even if nothing else in the guitar is switched on which is interesting. So I need to figure out what to do with the piezo signal if consider getting a Y cable or something, haha! But yeah, I'm in my final year of uni at the moment so time's a bit of a luxury, and I haven't had much chance apart from when I'd just got the custom to try it with loads of stuff on at once, haha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l49bdHKcoD4

What seems to be the problem with the guitar/cable? Is it the GK connection? Mine is a bit noisy, and seems to be sensitive to how it's positioned, but works fine other than that

No, it was just the normal 1/4" cable making a bit of noise when I was moving around, but because I hadn't had the problem with the MB-1, I thought it was something in the custom. Changing the cable when using the custom got rid of it though, so I think it was the cable (which is annoying), but I need to check between the guitars again yet. But yeah, the only cable I had spare to check was a stereo one, and the magnetic signal is much clearer with that, even when the piezo wasn't being used before, so I need to decide if I'm going to keep it split.

More than alloy or carbon I'd have thought. Any idea how the prices of those two compares?

I think 001 and carbon (not counting the neck LEDs) were around the same price actually. I did buy the 001 around three years ago though, so not sure if anything's changed

Should be getting 001 back with that guitar actually. One is probably going to hold the other one up a little, but shipping is quite a bit less it seems

Im having a custom made over at Mansons and Im curious about what hardware, pickups, finishes etc. you guys would go for. I will start:

Shape and wood: The classic MA shape, 1 piece alder.

Neck: Birds eye maple, gloss back

Fingerboard: Rosewood

Finish and color: Carbon/carbonita finish in red

Bridge: Hardtail

Pickups: double P90 and 401 Fernandes sustainer

Electronics: Custom, and a large Midi pad

Hardware: Custom knobs and tuners

Im having a custom made over at Mansons and Im curious about what hardware, pickups, finishes etc. you guys would go for. I will start:

Since you said would/will, I won't count any that have already been completed

• Body: MA shape Weight Relieved Slab Brazilian Mahogany

• Neck: Plain Maple – Gloss black finish

• Fretboard: Ebony – side dots only (Sims Blue LEDs)

• Pickups: Manson/Bare Knuckle MBK-2 (bridge) and Fernandes FSK-401 (neck)

• Bridge: Gotoh 510 Tune-o-matic style

• Machine Heads: Gotoh 510 HAP with Manson custom hardware (black anodized)

• Hardware Color: Black (includes black anodized custom hardware control knobs)

• Finish: Full black carbon wrap (headstock front to match body finish)

• Additional Circuits: Fernandes FSK-401, Sims LEDs (push/pull on tone pot)

Sounds brilliant :) The custom I had in mind is pretty much yours but in black carbon, but since I'm going to try for an MB-1S now my custom spec has changed.

Body

MA shape

Mahogany, weight-relieved

Black carbon finish

Neck

Standard MA neck profile and headstock shape

Birdseye maple neck

Ebony fingerboard

Black carbon headstock

White Manson logo

Pickups

Dual MBK-2:90s

Fernandes FSK 401

Hardware

Floyd Rose tremolo

Custom knobs and tuners

Electronics

Push-button killswitch

Fuzz Factory [?]

Before I wanted a full-sized MIDI screen and standard bridge but I wouldn't need two guitars with those if I got an MB-1S. I'm not 100% sure about wanting a Fuzz Factory at the moment. I've also got to think about hardware colours, I have an idea of all stealth at the back of my mind :ninja: It'll be ages before I even take my custom idea to the guitar works

Does anyone know if Manson does modifications/upgrades to the MB-1 models if you send it back to them?

yeah if you send it back. they just have to be shipped as MattB signatures.

Not really worth it though, especially when shipping costs an arm and leg when you're in the US. I'd just get a custom with the spec you want.

Anyone have any experience with the MBK-3 bridge and MBK-1 neck combo? I know the Works site says it "creates a wild combination with the searing MBK-3 model for hardcore drive with sweet clean tones," but has anyone actually heard it or know if it's worth going for vs the MBK-2 bridge with MBK-1 neck combo?

Anyone have any experience with the MBK-3 bridge and MBK-1 neck combo? I know the Works site says it "creates a wild combination with the searing MBK-3 model for hardcore drive with sweet clean tones," but has anyone actually heard it or know if it's worth going for vs the MBK-2 bridge with MBK-1 neck combo?

the 3 bridge and 1 neck is a bit more balanced in voicing, but the 3 can be a little muddy when distorted as it's pretty bass heavy.

overall, i prefer the 2 bridge and 1 neck, as I find the 2 a little more versatile.

... still depends on the guitar though. I didn't like the MBK-2 in the MA-2 EVO, so it's being changed to an MBK-3.

the 3 bridge and 1 neck is a bit more balanced in voicing, but the 3 can be a little muddy when distorted as it's pretty bass heavy.

overall, i prefer the 2 bridge and 1 neck, as I find the 2 a little more versatile.

... still depends on the guitar though. I didn't like the MBK-2 in the MA-2 EVO, so it's being changed to an MBK-3.

Interesting...

You think the MBK-2 was just weak in the EVO?

I used to have an MBK-2 with FSK-101, but just got it switched out with a Rio Grande Crunchbox (bridge) and Basterd (neck). Just looking for a different combo if I go the custom route with Manson. Don't know much about the MBKs 1 & 3 since everyone usually goes with the MBK-2

image.thumb.jpg.5d9b4728dbac8fb15972281966b019e8.jpg

Archived