matthijs

Yeah washer would work.

Looks good as is but I reckon the glitter would pop even more if it wasn't getting out-blinged by the mirror.

Yeah, though the finish looks a bit better in real life (as always) so it's not like I put red dice knobs on my guitar.

But to each his own.

Hahaha

Now now, let's not make fun of anyone's stylistic visual choices.

And yeah, I got an otter box for it. I have one of those for my current phone and it seems great.

I didn't WANT to upgrade though. The battery life on the 5S is pretty poor, and it's continuing to become shorter and shorter the more I use it. Can't go a full day without having to charge it.

Now now, let's not make fun of anyone's stylistic visual choices.

And yeah, I got an otter box for it. I have one of those for my current phone and it seems great.

I didn't WANT to upgrade though. The battery life on the 5S is pretty poor, and it's continuing to become shorter and shorter the more I use it. Can't go a full day without having to charge it.

6 battery life is better. Seems to charge really quick too. I have an otterbox defender for work. I feel safer with that.

Is it possible to have sparkles with a mat body finish?

I have a mat black MA-2 and I'm wondering if it's possible to keep the same colour but with sparkles (or the only way is to go with a gloss black with sparkles).

I'm not exactly sure how Manson is doing their finish, but theoretically yes. I did the matte finish on my MoC by laying down the primer -> Standard Black Paint -> Matte Clear Coat.

Doing it this way, it would be possibly to have the glitter in the matte clear, but I don't think it would have quite the same effect as it does with the clear, but hard to say without seeing it attempted.

So moneys down on the car so no 7 string for me yet :( probably just as well as I'm not sure whether I want jazz hands or death metal grip yet. I love your glittery shaft by the James looks awesome!

So when is this super stealthy carbon of yours due for completion? Looking forward to seeing some pictures!

I'm also slightly pleased to see Marcel from Germany isn't winning on the Manson Facebook competition as I honestly believe that half the people who liked it aren't even aware of a guitar being in the picture :ninja:

So moneys down on the car so no 7 string for me yet :( probably just as well as I'm not sure whether I want jazz hands or death metal grip yet. I love your glittery shaft by the James looks awesome!

So when is this super stealthy carbon of yours due for completion? Looking forward to seeing some pictures!

I'm also slightly pleased to see Marcel from Germany isn't winning on the Manson Facebook competition as I honestly believe that half the people who liked it aren't even aware of a guitar being in the picture :ninja:

How much is the ESP? I would at least try both first, and THEN buy jazz hands.

Not sure yet. I understand the neck has been done for a while, but is waiting to be sprayed at the same time as the body, which is still being worked on. I'm guessing around xmas/new years.

And of course there's a guitar in that picture. You can't really see anything else besides that, but fair enough if some of you have filthy minds :ninja:

But yeah, Olly's deserves to win. That picture could be framed really.

How much is the ESP? I would at least try both first, and THEN buy jazz hands.

Not sure yet. I understand the neck has been done for a while, but is waiting to be sprayed at the same time as the body, which is still being worked on. I'm guessing around xmas/new years.

And of course there's a guitar in that picture. You can't really see anything else besides that, but fair enough if some of you have filthy minds :ninja:

But yeah, Olly's deserves to win. That picture could be framed really.

The ESP is about £1000 or so, I think your right about jazz hands being the way forward as I keep giving myself tuning my SG lower and lower and I fear a black 7 string ESP would see me going in to the world of even more heavy music, where as the CE-7 should put me back on the right track :D

I'm hoping to be looking for a new guitar around February so not to long to go!!!

6 battery life is better. Seems to charge really quick too. I have an otterbox defender for work. I feel safer with that.

Yeah, only went down by 5% since I got it. Seems pretty fast and the camera is better too.

And yeah that's what I got for it. It would definitely snap in half otherwise...

The ESP is about £1000 or so, I think your right about jazz hands being the way forward as I keep giving myself tuning my SG lower and lower and I fear a black 7 string ESP would see me going in to the world of even more heavy music, where as the CE-7 should put me back on the right track :D

I'm hoping to be looking for a new guitar around February so not to long to go!!!

I wouldn't pay that much for an ESP unless it was the GSK-1

And yeah, get the CE-7...... or a musecasters 7 string

Yeah, only went down by 5% since I got it. Seems pretty fast and the camera is better too.

And yeah that's what I got for it. It would definitely snap in half otherwise...

I wouldn't pay that much for an ESP unless it was the GSK-1

And yeah, get the CE-7...... or a musecasters 7 string

Don't worry I'm not going to, lovely guitar that ESP but not for me, anyway I need to build myself a new guitar as it's now 3 years since I have done any major build!! I've got all the plans and it exists within my PC but that is as far as I have got.

And as much as I would love musecasters to build something for me I'm out sure anyone could work for my budget :LOL:

those two works customs are for sale now too :ninja:

http://www.mansonguitarworks.com/index.cfm/product/manson-works-custom-ma-x-104

http://www.mansonguitarworks.com/index.cfm/product/manson-works-34-firemist-gold-103

can't say i like either of them to be honest. the carbonitas are by far the best works they've put out.

I like the MA-X, but don't you think it would be better with, say...

-figured mahogany back and maple top

-25.5" Fender scale

-white/black/white binding on top (no binding on back unless necessary)

-same F hole configuration as the blue MA-X (4 different size holes with the alloy trim on the edges)

-set in multi piece neck with slightly larger than usual soft V/C profile

-same 3+3 headstock shape as blue MA-X (gloss black finish on front with white logo)

-22 fret compound radius ebony fretboard (side dots only) and standard fret size

-graphite nut

-gotoh x nickel non-HAP 510 machine heads

-gotoh x nickel 510 tune o matic style bridge

-bare knuckle stockholm humbucker sized P90 set (raw nickel covers)

-custom alloy control knobs

-all other hardware gotoh x nickel color

-alloy pickguard (same as blue MA-X) with same control setup (2x volume, 2x tone, 3 way toggle)

-clear gloss finish on body back and sides and neck back, gloss black finish on maple top of body

.....Also, have they taken the offset natural guitar and refinished it in blue sparkle? I think natural worked a bit better for that shape (if that makes sense) but I'm sure it has a better chance of selling with the glitter finish :unsure:

.....Also, have they taken the offset natural guitar and refinished it in blue sparkle? I think natural worked a bit better for that shape (if that makes sense) but I'm sure it has a better chance of selling with the glitter finish :unsure:

Yeah looks like it. Still not very keen on that shape, but it looks nicer with the blue finish.

Not been here in too long! Bs that custom looks amazing, good to see you've finally got your hands on it. Those videos do it so much more justice for me than the pictures I've seen, looks incredible in motion!

Looking forward to seeing the Carbon custom materialise soon as well James, it's sure to be an absolute beauty.

Not been here in too long! Bs that custom looks amazing, good to see you've finally got your hands on it. Those videos do it so much more justice for me than the pictures I've seen, looks incredible in motion!

Looking forward to seeing the Carbon custom materialise soon as well James, it's sure to be an absolute beauty.

Should be going off for finishing sometime soon, so not long! How's vile orange?

Should be going off for finishing sometime soon, so not long! How's vile orange?

That's too much for me, can't imagine how excited you are!

Vile's doing beautifully. Although the x-y is currently going unused due to a whammy malfunction and my having absolutely no money to fix it :LOL:

I'm considering (if I ever decide to have money) sending her down to fix up the scratch on the back and possibly re-finish to a gloss red.

That's too much for me, can't imagine how excited you are!

Vile's doing beautifully. Although the x-y is currently going unused due to a whammy malfunction and my having absolutely no money to fix it :LOL:

I'm considering (if I ever decide to have money) sending her down to fix up the scratch on the back and possibly re-finish to a gloss red.

It's been in the works (no pun intended) for just over a year. Somehow, after the first guitar I had to wait for (the MB-1 which took around nine months) these have been no big deal.

And that's cool. What's wrong with the whammy? You didn't drop a guitar on it, did you? Hopefully that MIDI cable I sent you didn't go bad, otherwise I'll owe Bs a lot of money as I've sent him loads of the same cables.

I'd keep it vile orange and just fix the scratch. After all, I spec'd out everything so it would work with that finish. (although I think it could work with a solid gloss red as well)

It's been in the works (no pun intended) for just over a year. Somehow, after the first guitar I had to wait for (the MB-1 which took around nine months) these have been no big deal.

And that's cool. What's wrong with the whammy? You didn't drop a guitar on it, did you? Hopefully that MIDI cable I sent you didn't go bad, otherwise I'll owe Bs a lot of money as I've sent him loads of the same cables.

I'd keep it vile orange and just fix the scratch. After all, I spec'd out everything so it would work with that finish. (although I think it could work with a solid gloss red as well)

It was bought second hand, and looks like it's had a few guitars dropped on it :LOL: It was either your MIDI cable or the power supply I bought for it (it was the power supply I bought for it), but it just doesn't turn on anymore. Serves me right for skimping on electricals. :rolleyes:

I think the gloss red would go great with the black chrome hardware, obviously the headstock would need to be re-done as well. I'd also love them to finish the neck in the same colour, but these are all pipe dreams at the moment. Any ballpark figure for that type of work, from experience?

It was bought second hand, and looks like it's had a few guitars dropped on it :LOL: It was either your MIDI cable or the power supply I bought for it (it was the power supply I bought for it), but it just doesn't turn on anymore. Serves me right for skimping on electricals. :rolleyes:

If it doesn't turn on anymore, it's probably power supply related. If it was the MIDI cable, it should turn on, but just not receive any MIDI from the guitar. The MIDI cable I sent is pretty good quality I'd say - never had any problem with those, but I've switched to some red ones because red cables are more QOTSA

Oh and as for the finish, I had one completely refinished in black w/ holographic glitter just recently, but I think that would cost a bit more since it has the glitter added, so I'm not completely sure.

If it doesn't turn on anymore, it's probably power supply related. If it was the MIDI cable, it should turn on, but just not receive any MIDI from the guitar. The MIDI cable I sent is pretty good quality I'd say - never had any problem with those, but I've switched to some red ones because red cables are more QOTSA

Oh and as for the finish, I had one completely refinished in black w/ holographic glitter just recently, but I think that would cost a bit more since it has the glitter added, so I'm not completely sure.

Haha I was just kidding about the MIDI cable, I got a shitty power supply for it as the one I was sent was a US adapter. Probably fried it as soon as I plugged it in as now even an original UK Whammy supply won't even turn it on. Serves me right. Will need to get it checked out eventually.

That's interesting. I may look into it soon. Might just drop them an email to get their thoughts.

Haha I was just kidding about the MIDI cable, I got a shitty power supply for it as the one I was sent was a US adapter. Probably fried it as soon as I plugged it in as now even an original UK Whammy supply won't even turn it on. Serves me right. Will need to get it checked out eventually.

That's interesting. I may look into it soon. Might just drop them an email to get their thoughts.

Ouch. Maybe ask Dom where he got his fixed

Or you could just buy this :awesome:

10682443_304578969749800_4269719264225914092_o.jpg

Archived