matthijs

what?

and Bs...yes...when it will be on my hands i will post more pics...i just have a pair more of the neck and hstock...

about the price...similar to a standard MB-1S...

I don't know either

But post pictures when you get it. It's one of the nicer ones they've done recently (in that style anyway)

Just throwing an idea out here, I've decided I want a guitar with 16 MIDI Sample Pads in it. Doable? They should totes light up, too.

Bad move, now we know what Matt's next guitar will have.

That was the inspiration for the finish on mine. Wouldn't have cared about aluminium if I hadn't seen the swirl effect on that one. :chuckle:

Mine's more uniform though. I think I originally wanted something similar to James's but the uniform pattern suits it actually. :)

_DSC0174.jpg

Did you request a pattern or did they just end up doing it that way?

I was told that the original finish probably doesn't have to be removed from 001, so that's good. Still slightly tempted to put in a different bridge pickup (though it would be more for looks than anything else)

But then Bs has the swirly MBK-3 in his custom because of me...

I wonder why.

Did you request a pattern or did they just end up doing it that way?

Nah, I'd mentioned the 001 style finish originally obviously, and I think it just got written down as full swirl ali finish. I'd assumed it would come out like 001, but when Tim went away with it for a few hours and it came back like that, I was flabbergasted, haha! I hadn't liked the uniform pattern on 003 so much, but somehow on mine, it seems to work really well, and there is a vague kind of outline that follows the contours of the body shape too which I really like, so it worked out nicely.

I wonder why.

Nah, I'd mentioned the 001 style finish originally obviously, and I think it just got written down as full swirl ali finish. I'd assumed it would come out like 001, but when Tim went away with it for a few hours and it came back like that, I was flabbergasted, haha! I hadn't liked the uniform pattern on 003 so much, but somehow on mine, it seems to work really well, and there is a vague kind of outline that follows the contours of the body shape too which I really like, so it worked out nicely.

Yeah I've definitely noticed that. Maybe it's the double cutaway shape as well? since that's probably a bit more symmetrical

I love the uniform look Bs, I think James is right with the symmetry. Just balances it a bit and the body looks much tighter and more controlled with it that way.

And we know what you're like with controls ;)

Haha, yeah, it's probably a bit more 'me' like this! :LOL:

Definitely, haha! Certainly coming away with a W in the finish department :p

I'm totally stuck on a new finish for Vile Orange right now. Was thinking about sending it away at the turn of the year but at this rate it will never happen.

I want it to be eye catching and unique but not too garish y'see. Been sat looking at it on the wall for a solid 30 minutes trying to imagine what would look good on it. :mad:

Definitely, haha! Certainly coming away with a W in the finish department :p

I'm totally stuck on a new finish for Vile Orange right now. Was thinking about sending it away at the turn of the year but at this rate it will never happen.

I want it to be eye catching and unique but not too garish y'see. Been sat looking at it on the wall for a solid 30 minutes trying to imagine what would look good on it. :mad:

I still wouldn't refinish THE LAST VILE ORANGE MA-2, but if you must...

assuming the colors for that finish haven't been discontinued

Archived