matthijs

Not heard anyone's thoughts on the EVO MA's yet, anyone get one and able to offer thoughts? I really can't decide if I like the satin black or the silver finish more. I think I'd struggle to get along with the satin finish, forever remembering that it just isn't Matt Black :(

James, I remember you were eyeing one up when they were released as it was the same time we were discussing Vile! :p

Not heard anyone's thoughts on the EVO MA's yet, anyone get one and able to offer thoughts? I really can't decide if I like the satin black or the silver finish more. I think I'd struggle to get along with the satin finish, forever remembering that it just isn't Matt Black :(

James, I remember you were eyeing one up when they were released as it was the same time we were discussing Vile! :p

Get the satin black, but send it back to be refinished like I did :facepalm:

The guitar itself is nice, but I think vile orange sounded loads better. Maybe it's just that particular guitar.

Should be good though, and different from any of the others:

-Silverburst finish (not the "raindrop" shape, but the nice and even one they've done on some recent gibsons)

-silver headstock finish with black logo

-new birds-eye maple neck with ebony fretboard

-black MBK-3 bridge pickup with chrome surround

-black custom hardware (machine heads and control knobs)

-bridge changed to black 510 gotoh

-all other hardware changed from chrome to black

Get the satin black, but send it back to be refinished like I did :facepalm:

The guitar itself is nice, but I think vile orange sounded loads better. Maybe it's just that particular guitar.

Should be good though, and different from any of the others:

-Silverburst finish (not the "raindrop" shape, but the nice and even one they've done on some recent gibsons)

-silver headstock finish with black logo

-new birds-eye maple neck with ebony fretboard

-black MBK-3 bridge pickup with chrome surround

-black custom hardware (machine heads and control knobs)

-bridge changed to black 510 gotoh

-all other hardware changed from chrome to black

Hang on is that your one? Pics?

I doubt I'll get one to be honest. Just curious to see some thoughts as they look tasty as fuck.

Oh my, sounds amazing!

I'm sure heart will win over my head at some point. There are many factors that weigh into the decision unfortunately! Can't wait to see your one, any timescale given?

Nope, as far as I know it had the finish stripped off a few weeks ago, but I haven't heard anything besides that

Just to keep you busy, here's the one I got back a few weeks ago.

DIimnI1.jpg

nsavGyZ.jpg

James, your turnover of Mansons is, at best, worrying.

spongebob-lonely.gif

It started in 2008. April 1st 2008 to be exact, when I took delivery of my first Manson. I was but a confused 18 year old looking for the right guitar instead of these late 80's Les Pauls which were constantly needing repairs. Crazy to think that these particular guitars are considered good years for gibson, seeing what they're putting out now.

I eventually "pulled the trigger" (I learned this term on TGP) and sold off a number of my better guitars to buy this.

1836642_10152195287600944_2026300760_o.jpg

Strangely enough, it's on the front page of the MGW website. Coincidence? Maybe.

This guitar... it did things to me.

Not long after, I bought another one...which I no longer have... then I bought my very first escapee MoC...I still have this one, and it's a #NotForSale because I want to someday collect all of the escaped MoCs.

But I won't pay 8000 euros to french man for his. Maybe I can haggle him down to his sock.

Somewhere, in that pile of hiscox cases, is my soul.

But I still haven't located it yet.

spongebob-lonely.gif

It started in 2008. April 1st 2008 to be exact, when I took delivery of my first Manson. I was but a confused 18 year old looking for the right guitar instead of these late 80's Les Pauls which were constantly needing repairs. Crazy to think that these particular guitars are considered good years for gibson, seeing what they're putting out now.

I eventually "pulled the trigger" (I learned this term on TGP) and sold off a number of my better guitars to buy this.

1836642_10152195287600944_2026300760_o.jpg

Strangely enough, it's on the front page of the MGW website. Coincidence? Maybe.

This guitar... it did things to me.

Not long after, I bought another one...which I no longer have... then I bought my very first escapee MoC...I still have this one, and it's a #NotForSale because I want to someday collect all of the escaped MoCs.

But I won't pay 8000 euros to french man for his. Maybe I can haggle him down to his sock.

Somewhere, in that pile of hiscox cases, is my soul.

But I still haven't located it yet.

The bit in bold has pretty much set in stone my half worry half hope that I'm at the top of the very same slippery slope

EDIT: Inform me on the escapee MoC's, which do you know of that are accounted for?

The bit in bold has pretty much set in stone my half worry half hope that I'm at the top of the very same slippery slope

EDIT: Inform me on the escapee MoC's, which do you know of that are accounted for?

I have three of them:

rust relic

cracked mirror w/ fuzz factory

chrome (similar to matt's, but with a tune o matic instead of a floyd rose)

and there are two others.

french man 8000 euros fully loaded mirror (has pretty much everything but a fuzz factory)

cracked mirror M1D1 style with no effects (not sure where this one went)

I have three of them:

rust relic

cracked mirror w/ fuzz factory

chrome (similar to matt's, but with a tune o matic instead of a floyd rose)

and there are two others.

french man 8000 euros fully loaded mirror (has pretty much everything but a fuzz factory)

cracked mirror M1D1 style with no effects (not sure where this one went)

Bloody French.

So I've always been fuzzy on this: the MoC's are custom builds with Matt's body shape designed for customers?

Bloody French.

So I've always been fuzzy on this: the MoC's are custom builds with Matt's body shape designed for customers?

MoC is just referring to the 'mattocaster' body shape. The rust relic was Matt's, but he returned it a month later, so maybe it's not REALLY considered an escapee.

The cracked mirror was made for sale in the shop (though it's gone through a fair few changes since it was built) and the chrome was custom built for someone else.

The french man 8000 euros guitar was a custom build, and the M1D1 styled one was built for sale (as far as I know). The M1D1 was as well, but Matt bought it shortly after it was demoed for that magazine

MoC is just referring to the 'mattocaster' body shape. The rust relic was Matt's, but he returned it a month later, so maybe it's not REALLY considered an escapee.

The cracked mirror was made for sale in the shop (though it's gone through a fair few changes since it was built) and the chrome was custom built for someone else.

The french man 8000 euros guitar was a custom build, and the M1D1 styled one was built for sale (as far as I know). The M1D1 was as well, but Matt bought it shortly after it was demoed for that magazine

I see, so 'escapees' refers to mattocasters that were built outside of the signature ranges and not specifically for Matt?

All I can say is I love mine and in the 5 weeks i've had it haven't played any of my other guitars

At least it's well protected. I accidentally kicked one of my cases a few days ago, and it hurt like hell, haha! :LOL:

I've done this so many times that I've had to move my case. Complete pain in the arse for when I want to play, but if it had stayed where it was it probably would have been destroyed in rage :LOL:

yeah pretty much

I feel in the loop, thank you :p

At least it's well protected. I accidentally kicked one of my cases a few days ago, and it hurt like hell, haha! :LOL:

Not in the case compartments if that's what you're suggesting - I have my own blend of that magic white powder (the stuff that was with the pedals and candy I sent. I have more if you need it.)

When were you moving to thailand again? 001 is on its way back to the UK now to have the finish sorted. I requested a new headstock logo as well since the old one has scraped off in a few places, but I'm a little tempted to swap out the bridge pickup for what it originally had... except it would be raw nickel and logo'd like on this guitar

http://www.mansonguitarworks.com/index.cfm/product/manson-works-34-firemist-gold-103

no gold pole pieces of course. What do you think?

I've done this so many times that I've had to move my case. Complete pain in the arse for when I want to play, but if it had stayed where it was it probably would have been destroyed in rage :LOL:

I feel in the loop, thank you :p

Good luck destroying one of those cases. I think I had already removed the tag they include, which shows five people standing on one of their cases to show how strong they are.

Not in the case compartments if that's what you're suggesting - I have my own blend of that magic white powder (the stuff that was with the pedals and candy I sent. I have more if you need it.)

When were you moving to thailand again? 001 is on its way back to the UK now to have the finish sorted. I requested a new headstock logo as well since the old one has scraped off in a few places, but I'm a little tempted to swap out the bridge pickup for what it originally had... except it would be raw nickel and logo'd like on this guitar

http://www.mansonguitarworks.com/index.cfm/product/manson-works-34-firemist-gold-103

no gold pole pieces of course. What do you think?

Good luck destroying one of those cases. I think I had already removed the tag they include, which shows five people standing on one of their cases to show how strong they are.

Now that's impressive :LOL:

Which is the 001, might I ask?

Archived