matthijs

Yeah, lowering the sustainer intensity on my custom stopped the squealing problem with that. I thought it was only being caused by all the aluminium in the first place though - what's causing it on yours?

I'm really not sure. To be honest most of the time it's hard to tell if its the sustainer or my fuzz factory that's squealing. :LOL:

But I do get a dampened, but equally as frustrating, pitch even with a clean signal. Now I know what to do though, thanks chaps :D

That's strange, might be the distortion I'm using? But that's fine, I'm cracking it open soon to replace the batteries anyway.

That makes sense, black certainly seems safest! What was crazybobbles' effort?

The sustainer trim pots are in a separate cavity with the rest of the controls

and this http://www.musewiki.org/Manson_ML-1_Sparkles_and_Mirrors

Sort of wish I kept the build pics of mine.... I think I have my orange custom and my first #NotForSale saved from beginning to end, but none of the others.

The sustainer trim pots are in a separate cavity with the rest of the controls

and this http://www.musewiki.org/Manson_ML-1_Sparkles_and_Mirrors

Sort of wish I kept the build pics of mine.... I think I have my orange custom and my first #NotForSale saved from beginning to end, but none of the others.

Balls, double the screwage..

And that's lovely. The black binding makes it really stand out. I love that he couldn't choose between mirror and glitter! :p

How many customs have you had built?

Balls, double the screwage..

And that's lovely. The black binding makes it really stand out. I love that he couldn't choose between mirror and glitter! :p

How many customs have you had built?

:eyebrows:

And that's classified information sir :ninja: But I guess it depends if it's a full custom or part custom. The glitter one in the video was a body which was already spec'd out, but I chose the finish and neck options

:eyebrows:

And that's classified information sir :ninja: But I guess it depends if it's a full custom or part custom. The glitter one in the video was a body which was already spec'd out, but I chose the finish and neck options

Aah I see, apologies ;) That's interesting, I have wondered if there were ever, in essence, half-finished projects that someone can take forward. It certainly would appeal to someone not quite prepared for the year long(?) wait for a full custom I suppose.

Aah I see, apologies ;) That's interesting, I have wondered if there were ever, in essence, half-finished projects that someone can take forward. It certainly would appeal to someone not quite prepared for the year long(?) wait for a full custom I suppose.

Yeah there are sometimes. Not sure how many new #ForSale guitars are being built at the moment... at least one that I'm aware of

And yeah, though it wouldn't work for someone like Bs! Something to keep in mind if you're in Ross0203's shoes anyway. :ninja:

Yeah there are sometimes. Not sure how many new #ForSale guitars are being built at the moment... at least one that I'm aware of

And yeah, though it wouldn't work for someone like Bs! Something to keep in mind if you're in Ross0203's shoes anyway. :ninja:

That's very interesting. Will be keeping an eye out for insight into those!

I'm unaware of where and in what state Ross' shoes are so I'll have to take your word for it! :LOL:

That's very interesting. Will be keeping an eye out for insight into those!

I'm unaware of where and in what state Ross' shoes are so I'll have to take your word for it! :LOL:

Much like his soul, his shoes are now property of Mansons.

Looking at that picture from a while back, I think one or two were possible to customize. I'd still get a full custom though... if I'm honest, I would've made a few changes to that glitter one if I had the option, so I guess it depends just how much you can customize

there's this one being made for stock it seems...

10603530_292400490967648_3616034252025874265_n.jpg?oh=d295d7279c2b3dfd240591b13a495910&oe=55448867

Much like his soul, his shoes are now property of Mansons.

Looking at that picture from a while back, I think one or two were possible to customize. I'd still get a full custom though... if I'm honest, I would've made a few changes to that glitter one if I had the option, so I guess it depends just how much you can customize

there's this one being made for stock it seems...

10603530_292400490967648_3616034252025874265_n.jpg?oh=d295d7279c2b3dfd240591b13a495910&oe=55448867

Ha! There are worse places for his shoes to be, although to that I'm sure his bank will cry out in objection.

Always fun to know what they are building. I was depressed by the picture on facebook of Hugh with Matt's hand painted MB-1, seeing how many Red Glitters were in stock on the wall behind him :'(

Full custom is the route I eventually want to go down, you've all done your job in infecting me you bastards. Just at this point I can't even begin to decide what it will be.

Well that one's got a M1D1 Screen anyway! It one looks like a Sustaniac at the neck by the size of the pickup cavity? As there looks to be holes routed for the sustainer switches.

Ha! There are worse places for his shoes to be, although to that I'm sure his bank will cry out in objection.

Always fun to know what they are building. I was depressed by the picture on facebook of Hugh with Matt's hand painted MB-1, seeing how many Red Glitters were in stock on the wall behind him :'(

Full custom is the route I eventually want to go down, you've all done your job in infecting me you bastards. Just at this point I can't even begin to decide what it will be.

Well that one's got a M1D1 Screen anyway! It one looks like a Sustaniac at the neck by the size of the pickup cavity? As there looks to be holes routed for the sustainer switches.

Yeah that's true!

And definitely. I can't imagine how fed up they are of the comments though...I don't think one of those guitars they've posted were for Matt.

How come you'd be depressed about that? Those were all spoken for, so you'd only really have to worry about getting one next time (if that's what you decide to do)

YES my work here is done... NEXT.

And it could be either one really. The one I spec'd out was for a sustainer, but I decided to put a sustainiac in for some reason I can't remember... only real difference is that the sustainiac sounds different and doesn't work properly with the piezo.

But yeah, to be honest, what I'd do is send them a spec when you're ready, and if they have a partially built one of that EXACT spec, great - go ahead with it, but if it's different... go with your original spec, even if it takes longer.

I can't remember if I inquired about a custom prior to buying my first one or not...it sort of popped up out of nowhere (a lot like Bs really) and was basically the spec I was going for. There were a few minor things I wasn't 100% about at first, but nearly seven years later, I haven't changed a thing.

Yeah that's true!

And definitely. I can't imagine how fed up they are of the comments though...I don't think one of those guitars they've posted were for Matt.

How come you'd be depressed about that? Those were all spoken for, so you'd only really have to worry about getting one next time (if that's what you decide to do)

YES my work here is done... NEXT.

And it could be either one really. The one I spec'd out was for a sustainer, but I decided to put a sustainiac in for some reason I can't remember... only real difference is that the sustainiac sounds different and doesn't work properly with the piezo.

But yeah, to be honest, what I'd do is send them a spec when you're ready, and if they have a partially built one of that EXACT spec, great - go ahead with it, but if it's different... go with your original spec, even if it takes longer.

I can't remember if I inquired about a custom prior to buying my first one or not...it sort of popped up out of nowhere (a lot like Bs really) and was basically the spec I was going for. There were a few minor things I wasn't 100% about at first, but nearly seven years later, I haven't changed a thing.

Yeah man I was reading some of those comments :facepalm: And I was only joking (50%) about being upset. It's just seeing them all lined up like that... Makes me salivate.

Sometimes I think you're working for Manson, the amount of business you must rack up for them :LOL: It's really strange; the bug in my head. Last night when I was brainstorming about a build, a voice flashed up saying "or, y'know, you could get a custom series SG or a signature strat." It was weird because the thought had just not occurred to me at all until that brief second.

But it doesn't feel the same. Just shelling out a fortune for the elite Fenders/Gibsons seems like a different thing altogether to a custom Manson and I don't know why. It's less exciting to me for sure.

I will need to start thinking about what I want. Or what I think I want. It's hard at this stage having not actually tried for myself so many of the options that will be available, even different fingerboard woods. Here's hoping I come up with something as compatible with me as yours so clearly has been with you!

Saying that, I'm not sure I've seen your custom, if I have (once again) I've forgotten about it :rolleyes:

Yeah man I was reading some of those comments :facepalm: And I was only joking (50%) about being upset. It's just seeing them all lined up like that... Makes me salivate.

Sometimes I think you're working for Manson, the amount of business you must rack up for them :LOL: It's really strange; the bug in my head. Last night when I was brainstorming about a build, a voice flashed up saying "or, y'know, you could get a custom series SG or a signature strat." It was weird because the thought had just not occurred to me at all until that brief second.

But it doesn't feel the same. Just shelling out a fortune for the elite Fenders/Gibsons seems like a different thing altogether to a custom Manson and I don't know why. It's less exciting to me for sure.

I will need to start thinking about what I want. Or what I think I want. It's hard at this stage having not actually tried for myself so many of the options that will be available, even different fingerboard woods. Here's hoping I come up with something as compatible with me as yours so clearly has been with you!

Saying that, I'm not sure I've seen your custom, if I have (once again) I've forgotten about it :rolleyes:

Yeah I can understand that...!

That's not the first time I've been accused of that :facepalm:

It's definitely not the same. The high end Fenders are great (not going to comment on the Gibsons after my experience with some of the R9s) but they're still not made to your spec and whatnot.

And if you have any questions about that stuff, I can try to answer them. After all, I helped Bs spec out a fair amount of his custom, and he seems happy with it!

Do you mean the first one I bought which I mentioned above, or the first one I actually had custom built to my spec? The first one I bought is a tele style with the MBK-2 set, and the first custom I had built is an E shape styled after the M1D1 with the pickup set of the MB-2

Yeah I can understand that...!

That's not the first time I've been accused of that :facepalm:

It's definitely not the same. The high end Fenders are great (not going to comment on the Gibsons after my experience with some of the R9s) but they're still not made to your spec and whatnot.

And if you have any questions about that stuff, I can try to answer them. After all, I helped Bs spec out a fair amount of his custom, and he seems happy with it!

Do you mean the first one I bought which I mentioned above, or the first one I actually had custom built to my spec? The first one I bought is a tele style with the MBK-2 set, and the first custom I had built is an E shape styled after the M1D1 with the pickup set of the MB-2

Haha, again, there are worse things to be accused of.

I loved my Fender when I had it, it wasn't even Fender American. But it just feels like another off-the shelf that everyone else has. There's something so awesome about knowing that no-one else anywhere has your guitar.

Thanks for that, I was banking on it! Once I work out how I plan on actually paying for the thing I'm sure there will be many a conversation on here creating it!

I've actually spent the last hour (boredom scale through the roof right now) tracing the words "vile orange" through the boards timeline. Some great stuff uncovered and little bits of info found. Very fun.

EDIT: And now that you're describing those two customs, I've not seen either :LOL: Another scourge of Manson thread past may be in order. So many photos disappearing from the board though, nothing more frustrating!

Haha, again, there are worse things to be accused of.

I loved my Fender when I had it, it wasn't even Fender American. But it just feels like another off-the shelf that everyone else has. There's something so awesome about knowing that no-one else anywhere has your guitar.

Thanks for that, I was banking on it! Once I work out how I plan on actually paying for the thing I'm sure there will be many a conversation on here creating it!

I've actually spent the last hour (boredom scale through the roof right now) tracing the words "vile orange" through the boards timeline. Some great stuff uncovered and little bits of info found. Very fun.

EDIT: And now that you're describing those two customs, I've not seen either :LOL: Another scourge of Manson thread past may be in order. So many photos disappearing from the board though, nothing more frustrating!

True

I actually made sound clips of two different guitars for Bs so he could decide what body wood he wanted for his, and the finish is also based on one of mine. I can't remember what other decisions I influenced though... there was the bridge pickup with swirly cover, and possibly the fretboard

It's almost as smooth and silky as that voice of his... :stunned:

and I don't know what info you found. I think Hugh originally called the orange MA-2 in the shop vile, and the name sort of stuck.

And here you go:

C1L3gor.jpg

uwl4uWt.jpg

Yeah there was the origin of the vile description, all of the hype over the possible vile pickguards, your trip to Denmark Street to order the MA-2 and others (a 77' strat I think?), then a few posters deciding after your photos that, actually, the MA-2 wasn't that vile after all :LOL: There was lots of good stuff.

I love that E-Shape! The MB-2 set looks brilliant on it. I am very intrigued by the dual-P90 set up.

Yeah there was the origin of the vile description, all of the hype over the possible vile pickguards, your trip to Denmark Street to order the MA-2 and others (a 77' strat I think?), then a few posters deciding after your photos that, actually, the MA-2 wasn't that vile after all :LOL: There was lots of good stuff.

I love that E-Shape! The MB-2 set looks brilliant on it. I am very intrigued by the dual-P90 set up.

Those both came from Mansons. The original plan on my visit was to spec out a 7 string version of works 001, but 1) I got too excited and left the hotel without the spec list and 2) there was something hanging up at the works which made me forget about that idea completely...

And it wasn't Bs' guitar either (although I did get to see that in real life and get my greasy american hands on it)

The E shape is great. It's really loud acoustically, but a little different sounding from the MB-2 because of the different body spec

Those both came from Mansons. The original plan on my visit was to spec out a 7 string version of works 001, but 1) I got too excited and left the hotel without the spec list and 2) there was something hanging up at the works which made me forget about that idea completely...

And it wasn't Bs' guitar either (although I did get to see that in real life and get my greasy american hands on it)

The E shape is great. It's really loud acoustically, but a little different sounding from the MB-2 because of the different body spec

Is this what inspired Mr Carbon custom by any chance? :shifty:

Yeah the E-shapes aren't alder are they? How would you say the sound compares?

Is this what inspired Mr Carbon custom by any chance? :shifty:

Yeah the E-shapes aren't alder are they? How would you say the sound compares?

Nope, it inspired the MA-hogany

The original had a matching baked maple fretboard and a mix of x-nickel and black hardware from what I remember. I can't even remember what my reaction was, but the 001-7 idea went right out the window and I had this spec'd up in minutes. Should've asked if they still had the handwritten spec list for it, but the certificate will do ;)

And no, not unless you want them to be. The MB-2 is poplar actually, and I imagine the original was the same as it gets really close to that sound... the mahogany ones like my E shape are a bit darker and not as jangly

Nope, it inspired the MA-hogany

The original had a matching baked maple fretboard and a mix of x-nickel and black hardware from what I remember. I can't even remember what my reaction was, but the 001-7 idea went right out the window and I had this spec'd up in minutes. Should've asked if they still had the handwritten spec list for it, but the certificate will do ;)

And no, not unless you want them to be. The MB-2 is poplar actually, and I imagine the original was the same as it gets really close to that sound... the mahogany ones like my E shape are a bit darker and not as jangly

The original meaning matt's stage MB-2?

I love the look of that MA, I probably wouldn't get a natural finish myself though. It's terrible but I can see myself getting bored of it.

The original meaning matt's stage MB-2?

I love the look of that MA, I probably wouldn't get a natural finish myself though. It's terrible but I can see myself getting bored of it.

Yeah the one he had built in 2006 (M1D1 black or whatever it's called). I don't think they were 100% about what body wood it has, but the poplar MB-2 sounds much closer than the mahogany or ash guitars with dual P90s

And fair enough! To be honest, it's probably the most simple one I have, but there's no way I could get bored of it. I'd say it's tied at first (with the tele pictured up there) for best guitar I've had my hands on.

seeing that mahogany MA in person was the final push for me to get the custom, had a big wow factor

Yeah, definitely. I imagine some of that has to do with the fact that we're not used to seeing this sort of guitar from them (especially when Bs' guitar was in the room) but the way it's spec'd out works incredibly well as it is. As I said, I just made some minor changes in hardware color and requested an ebony fretboard.

Had no idea the MB-2 run was poplar. Are there any plans to continue that again? I don't think I ever saw one on the works site, only the special edition which has been obviously sold out for ages. EDIT: (or was the MB-2 only ever released as a special edition?..)

How does the ebony fretboard compare to the rosewood one on vile orange, would you say?

I prefer the look of ebony, but never actually played on it.

Had no idea the MB-2 run was poplar. Are there any plans to continue that again? I don't think I ever saw one on the works site, only the special edition which has been obviously sold out for ages.

How does the ebony fretboard compare to the rosewood one on vile orange, would you say?

I prefer the look of ebony, but never actually played on it.

Yeah they're lightweight poplar, and nope, just that one batch for the 20th anniversary of the shop

it's mainly the feel I guess. It's like comparing Bs' voice to mine. ebony is much smoother than rosewood.

it also affects the sound slightly, but it's never affected my decision when ordering a custom if I wanted the guitar to have a certain look or feel.

Archived