It would be a bit odd to have an album called Drones and also the first lead single called drones? Muse certainly haven't done that before. Most album title tracks I've heard don't tend to live up to the rest of the album I've found. With the exception of the song showbiz which is excellent!

I have a feeling that this single will be called Drones as well as the album

My gut tells me that the title is going to be something memorable

Don't be disappointed when they aren't on the album

So they let you listen to the entire album at the video shoot?

I've got a feeling this video's gonna be super cringe.

It can't be worse than Supremacy... right... right...?!? Oh please god...

My gut tells me it's time for dinner.

All this talk about guts makes me remember I might not live long enough for #soon. :phu:

My gut just says Matt wasn't lying this time about back to basics. It should be interesting. Different avenues approached in a fresh way (old mentalities) await in a way that draws lines under different expressions of Muse-ness. Kind of like JJ Abrams approach to Star Wars being practical (OOS/Abs) versus George Lucas' OTT prequel trilogy (TR/T2L).

The thing about the band going back to their roots is that their mental state has to regress too. I'm speaking, in particular, about their angst. I love that they are going back to actually playing their instruments. I love that MULTIPLE sources claim that this album is going to be heavy (besides Matt). What I feel won't change is how happy the band is now. Black Holes, The Resistance, and The 2nd Law gave us a Muse where the songwriting is far less angsty. They feel almost content. And I absolutely love that. That said, I don't expect this album to as angsty as Showbiz and OoS. That era of Muse was by far the gloomiest and most desparate. I'm expecting the heavy riffs, but not the emotionally-fuelled songwriting.

The thing about the band going back to their roots is that their mental state has to regress too. I'm speaking, in particular, about their angst. I love that they are going back to actually playing their instruments. I love that MULTIPLE sources claim that this album is going to be heavy (besides Matt). What I feel won't change is how happy the band is now. Black Holes, The Resistance, and The 2nd Law gave us a Muse where the songwriting is far less angsty. They feel almost content. And I absolutely love that. That said, I don't expect this album to as angsty as Showbiz and OoS. That era of Muse was by far the gloomiest and most desparate. I'm expecting the heavy riffs, but not the emotionally-fuelled songwriting.

Something tells me that this is going to be their most emotional offering yet, both in approach as well as lyrical content. Hell, even Matt said on Instagram "it's been emotional" after the end of their first recording session...

I'm pretty sure Matt said that "going back to their roots" just meant "play as a three-piece of guitar, drums and bass", because being all angsty and shit would be ridiculous even to them. And that's saying something when it comes from the man who wrote Big Freeze.

Archived