I would've been pretty disappointed as well. But I hope its something fully orchestral and not just backing like B&H or City of Delusion.

???

fully orchestral is good but if Muse considers going fully orchestral on this record I highly doubt they'll be able to separate that from infecting the other tracks and making a T2L2.

I would've been pretty disappointed as well. But I hope its something fully orchestral and not just backing like B&H or City of Delusion.

This is exactly what I imagined would stop when Muse "stripped back" their sound. Relegating strings, electronics, choir etc. to support instruments rather than using them to drive songs.

This is exactly what I imagined would stop when Muse "stripped back" their sound. Relegating strings, electronics, choir etc. to support instruments rather than using them to drive songs.

This is what I'm hoping for. I liked the use of strings and synth to use of guitars and heavy basslines ratio on BH&R tbh

I love it how the appearance of 1 violin got people thinking about a full orchestra :LOL:

They've never had a 'full orchestra' tbh. If you look at one of the pictures you can see that the seats and stands are laid out for roughly 15-20 people which is about the same size of string ensemble as they had for The Resistance.

Source?

That same violinist, in a private facebook conversation with a friend of mine.

I think he also did sessions with them for The Resistance, btw.

From the pics he posted, seems like they chose to have a small string section (4-5 players), nothing else.

That same violinist, in a private facebook conversation with a friend of mine.

I think he also did sessions with them for The Resistance, btw.

From the pics he posted, seems like they chose to have a small string section (4-5 players), nothing else.

Not sure, it seems to be set up for more than that in one of the facebook pictures. He seems pretty willing to give out some info, I wonder if we'll find out more?

Not sure, it seems to be set up for more than that in one of the facebook pictures. He seems pretty willing to give out some info, I wonder if we'll find out more?

I don't think we'll get much more from him, he obviously can't talk about it much. He got asked if the album is actually as heavy as expected, and he replied with "...Surprise!"

I don't think we'll get much more from him, he obviously can't talk about it much. He got asked if the album is actually as heavy as expected, and he replied with "...Surprise!"

Yeah, when you think about it, it is unbelievable how little info is leaked when you consider how many people are involved/ have heard it, especially with T2L as there were a lot of musicians involved. When was the unsustainable trailer released?

Archived