But :musesign:

That's more my issue with people saying songs are shit like it's fact... therefore, if I like Follow Me, I MUST be a super-fangirl.

There's Muse songs I don't care for, Follow Me (and GL, for that matter) just aren't in that category.

(And I'm not talking about just Save Me and Liquid State, or Execution Commentary, either.)

Anyways, I hope SOMETHING comes out this year; year seems like it's going to be boring as fuck otherwise.

That's more my issue with people saying songs are shit like it's fact... therefore, if I like Follow Me, I MUST be a super-fangirl.

There's Muse songs I don't care for, Follow Me (and GL, for that matter) just aren't in that category.

(And I'm not talking about just Save Me and Liquid State, or Execution Commentary, either.)

Anyways, I hope SOMETHING comes out this year; year seems like it's going to be boring as fuck otherwise.

Yeah, same. I quite like Follow Me too. I don't think it's one of their best, but it does annoy me a little when people lump it in with Guiding Light, Madness (though I didn't mind Madness live), Unintended or whatever people were complaining about. It sounds great live, and when people complain, I always get this image in my head of people standing at the barrier, crossed arms, face like a bashed crab, motionless.

Interestingly, the bf's friend we met up with at the show said she thought FM was boring live, and specifically mentioned that the bass was weak.

They were sitting up in the nose-bleeds, though.

From where I was standing up front, I felt like my heart wasn't beating correctly during the chorus, and it was amazing. :love:

When we were leaving, the group of guys that were standing around us were all talking about how much they disliked FM, and always skipped it, but thought it was the best part of the gig.

I am completely bi-polar when it comes to Madness.

I LOATHED it when I first heard it, but now somedays I adore it, and somedays I feel exactly like I did that first time.

The ending is spectacular, and I "get" that it needs the buildup to be spectacular (could have been shorter...) so I assume it's just based on how much patience I have on that particular day.

On the other hand, I still feel the exact same way about Survival everytime as I did the first time... :noey:

And so we're back to the release of the album when people were spouting dumbass bullshit like this.

All I'm saying is that it doesn't translate live and if the album was a rock version, it'd translate better and probably be a better song because of that. Maybe I'm just biased after hearing it 8 times and hating it because it sounds so synthesized and fake but that is not the direction the band should continue on. Thank god they're not.

I'm a fan of Follow Me too, I love that big bass drop, I honestly love the lyrics. I thought it was great live.

And I SO agree....

Undisclosed Desires was one that I also started off really disliking; not to the length that I hated Madness at first (opening with the stuttering was a bad decision, imo) but in my bottom tracks, for sure.

Somewhere along the line I started really liking it, and I find it incredibly soothing to listen to when I'm frustrated or stressed out.

I don't necessarily think it fit the live show that well, especially in '10, but the "what the fuck is that?" keytar moment kinda made my day. :chuckle:

I think Madness is a stellarly written song, I do. I think it takes a tad too long to get going, but the build up is fabulous, and the ending is absolutely stunning.

I honestly think if the ma-ma-ma bits didn't exist, I wouldn't have had such an immediate dislike of it.

Any news about Muse working on Mylène Farmer's new album?

Her album will be released in December 2014 and the band (or only Matt?) is said to have recorded a few songs (the lyrics would have been written by Mylène and the music composed by Matt) and even a duet between Matt and Mylène, last January.

:rolleyes:

Any news about Muse working on Mylène Farmer's new album?

Her album will be released in December 2014 and the band (or only Matt?) is said to have recorded a few songs (the lyrics would have been written by Mylène and the music composed by Matt) and even a duet between Matt and Mylène, last January.

:rolleyes:

I'm really hoping this is just a rumor... or that it won't happen.

I haven't been on the forum for a while, as I became so disillusioned by The 2nd Law, apart from one or two tracks. However, I bought the live Rome DVD and love it, so maybe I was just going through a phase. I would love to see Muse go back to doing 'heavier', prog rock music - more like eg Hysteria, Natural Selection, MK Ultra, Knights of Cydonia, Take a Bow, etc etc. Please let's get away from the more pop focused, commercial stuff on the last album!

I haven't been on the forum for a while, as I became so disillusioned by The 2nd Law, apart from one or two tracks. However, I bought the live Rome DVD and love it, so maybe I was just going through a phase. I would love to see Muse go back to doing 'heavier', prog rock music - more like eg Hysteria, Natural Selection, MK Ultra, Knights of Cydonia, Take a Bow, etc etc. Please let's get away from the more pop focused, commercial stuff on the last album!

HEAR HEAR

Archived