My point wasn't that it doesn't work at all in front of big audiences, most Muse songs probably work well enough, more so that it doesn't really have much traditional "stadium song" qualities.

I'm not sure how can you be so sure that it doesn't work for big crowds.

Oh Fabri.

Still, no one has implied that.

Oh Fabri, what have I told you about your English?

Huh? Big Freeze definitely has more stadium song qualitities that Showbiz. It has that big anthemic, positive vibe. U2 playbook studied well, etc.

What is this then?

I like Big Freeze (yes I do :p ) and Showbiz too of course ! And I think both can be ace live. Anyway to me, a song which works well live fits for every kind of venue ^^ if there's a good live vibe, it'll work in clubs, arena or stadiums. I must admit Falling Down was a bit meh for big crowd while it's a gorgeous live song to me. It's not the song itself which doesn't work, it's a crowd problem. A calm song like Falling Down or Ruled By Secrecy would be awesome in Japan for example because it's an attentive crowd even if it's casual fans but in America I suppose it wouldn't be as good !

not that i believe it at all, but i was just on the 2nd law article page on wikiepdia and it has Big Freeze listed as a single after Panic Station with France in parentheses next to it. anybody know whats up with that? besides obvious misinformation

There was talk about that a few weeks ago. Might be legit, I don't remember the actual source.

• 2 weeks later...

I heard it the other day on our local radio station in Montreal, Quebec, Canada: http://www.ckoi.com/musique-nouveautes.php

Look in 'nouveautés musicales', they say 'première radio en Amérique' or 'first radio in America'. I think it'll be a single, but they are probably keeping it for their stadium tours or something. I don't see the point of having a single and not playing it live.

I heard it the other day on our local radio station in Montreal, Quebec, Canada: http://www.ckoi.com/musique-nouveautes.php

Look in 'nouveautés musicales', they say 'première radio en Amérique' or 'first radio in America'. I think it'll be a single, but they are probably keeping it for their stadium tours or something. I don't see the point of having a single and not playing it live.

I enjoy Big Freeze.....nice chorus and I love the lyrics especially "don't let the sun in your heart decay".

Archived