MK Ultra was better than Bliss or Citizen Erased for me at Wembley and both songs are far superior to Dark Shines :phu:

The piano in the background of the studio version wins it for me. (Darkshines)

Just as I said

MK Ultra live > Dark Shines live

MK Ultra studio < Dark Shines studio

/lol, this is the Big Freeze thread

I like the song but every time I hear "Don't let the sun in your heart decay" I always have the image in my head of Bono singing it.

The resemblance in the voice is just uncanny.

There's no way Bono can reach that high range without going boring falsetto :phu:

Shame that Bono has a much wider chest range than Matt :awesome:

That may be true, but I remember when I saw Muse open for U2 in '09, I was thinking Bono had really lost it. His falsetto was def not what it once was. Kinda screechy. Could have just been an off night, I don't know. I haven't really heard any of their newer stuff.

That may be true, but I remember when I saw Muse open for U2 in '09, I was thinking Bono had really lost it. His falsetto was def not what it once was. Kinda screechy. Could have just been an off night, I don't know. I haven't really heard any of their newer stuff.

His falsetto has definitely gone down hill over the years. He used to be pretty good at it, but years of smoking seem to have taken its toll. He's still pretty good at belting out the chest notes though, was really impressed when I saw them at Glasgow '09.

Well he was what, 49 at the time? I think he's allowed to have gone a bit downhill by now :p

• 1 month later...

Bono's voice now is like a roller-coaster really

It can vary from gig to gig

It got much better in 2010 after a break in the tour they made due to his back problems, but in Sao Paolo broadcast it was totally awful as far as I remember

if we talk about Big Freeze my first thought was not U2 - it was Coldplay :D

don't know why it was so then, but now I hear more U2 in it than CP

great song with a big chorus

all's cool apart from cheesy backing vox

Archived