Lyrics are easily up there with Matt's absolute worst, kinda embarrassing aping of U2, laughable backing vocals, main vocals (while technically impressive) sound silly at points, awful solo that sounds like it was slapped together in one take. It's bafflingly bad.

On the bright side, at least we were spared the synths from the instrumental version.

I'm used to having the odd controversial opinion but I really didn't think this'd be one of them :chuckle:

Tbf I'm sure it's not controversial at all really in general, I've just got a bit of a thing for Big Freeze :chuckle:

The chord progressions, th Bb4s, the solo :awesome:

No disagreements on the lyrics though :LOL:

Lyrics are easily up there with Matt's absolute worst, kinda embarrassing aping of U2, laughable backing vocals, main vocals (while technically impressive) sound silly at points, awful solo that sounds like it was slapped together in one take. It's bafflingly bad.

On the bright side, at least we were spared the synths from the instrumental version.

Your description is about right but you seem to have come to the wrong conclusion. It's a fun song and they've made far worse... just look at what it's sandwiched between on the album for starters.