I still think the start is the most grotesque 10 seconds of music they've ever released.

After that it's alright.

I remember when I first listened to it, hearing the instruments kick in and instantly thinking "Oh no". I thought it was dreadful at first, loved the chorus though. If the verses didn't have those disgustingly cheesy backing vocals repeating what Matt says, the song would be a lot easier to listen to I think.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been a fan of muse since I first heard them during the Absolution era, and in my opinion, Big Freeze is one of their all time greatest songs. I can forgive the somewhat cheesy verses, but goddamn those are some of the most powerful choruses they have made. That instrumental break and then Matt's croon at the beginning of the final chorus is the single most goosebump-inducing thing I have ever heard from them. Just pure synthy bliss. Keep it up boys.

I'm not trolling, this is just my honest opinion

And yes, I can forgive that the choruses use the same chord progression as the bridge and chorus of Starlight

I have been a fan of muse since I first heard them during the Absolution era, and in my opinion, Big Freeze is one of their all time greatest songs. I can forgive the somewhat cheesy verses, but goddamn those are some of the most powerful choruses they have made. That instrumental break and then Matt's croon at the beginning of the final chorus is the single most goosebump-inducing thing I have ever heard from them. Just pure synthy bliss. Keep it up boys.

I'm not trolling, this is just my honest opinion

And yes, I can forgive that the choruses use the same chord progression as the bridge and chorus of Starlight

yeah those shrieks and such in the chorus are unbelievable. my friend and i were having an excellent smoke session the first time we listened to the album and the falsetto in the final chorus on the "hear me" was the one time where we went "WE MUST REWIND THAT AND LISTEN AGAIN". absolutely gorgeous

• 2 weeks later...
Studio albums I assume.

Also I think The Gallery is the only one with almost no chance to have been ever played live.

If they played Host...

I can see the Gallery being used as an instrumental intro to a song some day, in the style of Forced In or Nishe.

If they played Host...

I can see the Gallery being used as an instrumental intro to a song some day, in the style of Forced In or Nishe.

I know there's an old recording of Host. Funny I actually listened to it a few days before Montpelier.

Ashamed also I don't believe had much proof that it was ever played fully until recently. As far as I know the other ones could have been played live some long time ago. The Gallery only unlikely because I don't think they could have pulled off that track live at the time. I would also like to see it come back as an intermission, kind of like Forced In was used at Wembley.

I know there's an old recording of Host. Funny I actually listened to it a few days before Montpelier.

Ashamed also I don't believe had much proof that it was ever played fully until recently. As far as I know the other ones could have been played live some long time ago. The Gallery only unlikely because I don't think they could have pulled off that track live at the time. I would also like to see it come back as an intermission, kind of like Forced In was used at Wembley.

Oh I see, to 'have been' played live :chuckle: . Yeah, the Gallery would be a great piece to play with Matt on a theremin or something :awesome:

• 3 weeks later...
Have anyone else noticed the "facebook-chat sound" at about 3:56 on The Big Freeze?

Divra-Elo

Yes! Hey there, I was literally just searching the internet to see if there was any content on this. But a "facebook noise", I'm not so sure? It sounds more like a squeaking chair to me - which can happen all the time in recordings - did they know that sound was in or was it missed. Nice one Divra, very perceptive!

• 4 years later...

Archived