Saw this coming. I'll be happy to hear this live, as long as it isn't replacing something better :mad:

Oh you didn't get the memo? They were gonna play Showbiz, but then they thought "nah, they'll like Big Freeze better. Now THAT'S a stadium song!".

In reality they're not gonna bring back much. Last tour I think they only brought back entirely Take A Bow and Soldier's Poem (?). The rest had made debuts throughout the tour earlier, and we already have a few songs that have seen little play to fit that description.

Why do you even discuss? Muse will play this song never again. Big Freeze in contrast will be most likely a staple for the stadium gigs.

/reality

I wonder how many people were expecting Falling Down being played live in half of the european arena tour, before they mentioned it in the tweet.

I wonder how many people were expecting Falling Down being played live in half of the european arena tour, before they mentioned it in the tweet.

They will play Showbiz again one day, mark my words :phu:

I think the reason why Muse/Matt doesn't play this song anymore is the lyrics.

Matt was young, when he wrote these lyrics. I don't think Matt could "fuel" the lyrics with the same anger and rage as 10 years ago. Matt probably knows that.

I think you're underestimating Showbiz' stadium song qualities.

It's quite dark in tone overall, the vocals have a sombre, hysterical tone, the melody isn't catchy or memorable to the average stadium concert goer, and despite having a build-up, it doesn't have the epic quality of more crowd-pleasing longer Muse songs.

None of these features make it a bad song, but it's definitely one more for the clubs.

It's quite dark in tone overall, the vocals have a sombre, hysterical tone, the melody isn't catchy or memorable to the average stadium concert goer, and despite having a build-up, it doesn't have the epic quality of more crowd-pleasing longer Muse songs.

None of these features make it a bad song, but it's definitely one more for the clubs.

It looked pretty good at Reading, which is the closest thing to stadium play Showbiz has gotten.

The "controlling my feelings for too long" part would make a huge singalong.

If people knew the lyrics, that is

Archived