Bono's voice now is like a roller-coaster really

It can vary from gig to gig

It got much better in 2010 after a break in the tour they made due to his back problems, but in Sao Paolo broadcast it was totally awful as far as I remember

if we talk about Big Freeze my first thought was not U2 - it was Coldplay :D

don't know why it was so then, but now I hear more U2 in it than CP

great song with a big chorus

all's cool apart from cheesy backing vox

Yup, Bono's voice peaked during 2010 the last tour but it still was great during 2011 while 2009 was just :noey: .

And the first couple of weeks I kept hearing the chorus of "Pride (In The Name of Love)" in the chorus of Big Freeze cause vocally they have some similarities for me. I always waited for Bellamy to shout "What mooooore in the name of love" . But I don't hear it so much anymore.

Yup, Bono's voice peaked during 2010 the last tour but it still was great during 2011 while 2009 was just :noey: .

And the first couple of weeks I kept hearing the chorus of "Pride (In The Name of Love)" in the chorus of Big Freeze cause vocally they have some similarities for me. I always waited for Bellamy to shout "What mooooore in the name of love" . But I don't hear it so much anymore.

Yeah, I saw them in '09 when Muse opened for them, and he sounded pretty rough. But I don't know that I'd say he peaked in 2010! I mean, young Bono sounded amazing.

This song has indeed grown on me, but there are certain parts that are still irritating, esp those backing vocals.

Yeah, I saw them in '09 when Muse opened for them, and he sounded pretty rough. But I don't know that I'd say he peaked in 2010! I mean, young Bono sounded amazing.

This song has indeed grown on me, but there are certain parts that are still irritating, esp those backing vocals.[/quote

I actually meant that they're his best since '93 :p But technique wise he has never been better. and those high notes have never before sounded clearer, much better. than that awful screaming and shouting from 87-89. The smoking still has damaged his voice , the man cant even pull off a simple falsetto whistle, his falsetto is completely gone.

yup, those backing vocals are rather retarded but there still would have to be some bvocals cause it would sound a bit empty without them

I remember when U2 played Sao Paulo, they played 3 nights and he sounded incredible on the first two, but his voice was almost completely gone for the third night. Though I remember seeing a picture of Bono and Dom doing karaoke during the 2nd night after show party, he probably over did it :LOL:

haven't seen it :$

do you have a link, Fabri?

I saw the pic on twitter (like 2 weeks ago), can't find it (and can't be arsed to either :LOL:) basically it was a photoblab of a drum cover of Big Freeze, and a guy commented mentioning Tom and saying "will you play Big Freeze in stadium tour?" and he answered with a pun but saying "Probably, I hope so!"

In fairness, I wouldn't call him lazy for not wanting to do those vocals. Something like Resistance, fair enough, but Big Freeze is legit hard.

it is, but I don't think that Follow Me is any easier, yet he nails it perfectly most of the times

let's wait and see

tbh I don't see where it could go into the arena set, so it may be a nice decision to hold it till the summer

I saw the pic on twitter (like 2 weeks ago), can't find it (and can't be arsed to either :LOL:) basically it was a photoblab of a drum cover of Big Freeze, and a guy commented mentioning Tom and saying "will you play Big Freeze in stadium tour?" and he answered with a pun but saying "Probably, I hope so!"

ok

though it may equally mean that we'll never hear it live :)

Big Freeze is way harder than Follow Me.

ok

personally both of them are really hard for me, though I haven't tried BF yet, but even UD was tricky for me when I started practising it :D (just judging by personal experience, my voice is rather diff from Matt and I'm not professionally trained, just practising in my leisure time)

but I believe an awful lot in Matt's singing abilities

he can do anything when he's less nervous about messing up, I think

it is, but I don't think that Follow Me is any easier, yet he nails it perfectly most of the times

What? :LOL: The highest note he hits live in Follow Me is a G#4, Big Freeze's chorus is a straight jump to a Bb4 without any sliding and having just come off a falsetto, it's much harder.

What? :LOL: The highest note he hits live in Follow Me is a G#4, Big Freeze's chorus is a straight jump to a Bb4 without any sliding and having just come off a falsetto, it's much harder.

ahhh

recently I've started to really regret that I didn't go to music school when I was a kid

that doesn't tell me a thing, Jobby, but I believe you sincerely :D

ahhh

recently I've started to really regret that I didn't go to music school when I was a kid

that doesn't tell me a thing, Jobby, but I believe you sincerely :D

Basically, it's Matt's second highest chest note (inb4 Sippe finds some obscure old live performance and returns to MM to prove me wrong) and it's a straight jump to the note instead of sliding his voice from a lower note up to it (which would be easier).

I didn't go to music school either, I hardly know anything, I just know notes :chuckle:

Archived