You'd think 10 years of experience would've avoided Guiding Light though.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Anyways I like the vocals (I think the effect works very well) and bass in Liquid State but overall the song still has a meh feel.

Really the most disappointing part is the guitar part.

Still can't warm to this one much. Sounds like a QotSA demo or something. Has potential but it feels underdeveloped. Save Me is miles better IMO.

If the guitar was more prominent, and it had a mini solo in somewhere. This track would be fuckin' gold.

It's really damn hard to hear Matt's guitar in this track. Every time I listen to it, I'm not sure if things I'm hearing come from guitar or it's just distorted bass. :wtf:

Can someone tell me what exactly Matt is playing in there?

It's really damn hard to hear Matt's guitar in this track. Every time I listen to it, I'm not sure if things I'm hearing come from guitar or it's just distorted bass. :wtf:

Can someone tell me what exactly Matt is playing in there?

He's playing along with the bass I think. With the 7-string.

I hear the guitar just fine, especially since it's panned to the left. A bit quiet in the mix, yes, but still easy to hear.

In the verses Matt is playing the same thing as Chris, and in the chorus he seems to be just playing chords with some effects, probably delay and rotary/tremolo/phaser or something similar, maybe something else too.

^^ Go Dom go :\mm/:. Seriously though that song is great. Chris really needs to contribute more stuff like this on future albums.

The vocals are definitely better, compared with Montpellier performance :awesome:

The vocals sound even more :awesome: than in Montpellier! Awesome stuff

:yesey: It keeps getting better and better.

Archived