I hope that they replace Save Me with Liquid State for the tour. It should be much more fun live than Save Me

save me could open the encore, going into LS, which goes into Stockholm Syndrome:eek:

also, I've noticed that my favorite part of the song is the second verse starting with "kick me when I'm down". It's just so mental:LOL: love it, and I'm sure there'll be some good moshing to that live!

I really, really enjoy this song but not for the reasons I'd expect to. As shallow as this is of me to criticize, despite Chris' vocals being really great, they make the track feel... well, not really very Muse-y. The instrumentals teeter there already but the vocals kind of push it over the edge.

It's still a great track but when put next to Save Me which is already enough experimenting/breaking ground of another kind, having these two tracks in a row I can't help but get that somewhat sinking feeling that no other genre experiment they've done before has given me.

I kind of think it would have been a bit more fitting if both Matt and Chris were in on this particular track, and not just one of them relegated to backing vocals. Oh well, there's always next album hopefully, assuming Chris has gotten more comfortable with this stuff.

I was playing around with this song on WavePad and came up with this:

For those who think Liquid State ended too abruptly...I give you Liquid Star! (Or is it Dead State?) :p

Link to my Tumblr post 'cause I'm too lazy to sign up for Soundcloud or whatever. Please excuse the crappy editing and imagine this in a live setting. :chuckle:

Listening now...

EDIT: Not bad at all (unfortunately though you have indeed offended my mother’s second cousin twice removed), too bad the actual song isn't longer though...I'm surprised the band and especially Matt didnt feel the need to add a guitar solo at the end there.

I really love this song: it's awesome! Chris's voice is brilliant and the I love the way he sings the versus. It's just too short. I'm expecting a killer riff that leads to a final verse or chorus then a loud and crazy ending, but it feels like it's been chopped in half. I hope they extend it somehow live. Can't wait to see that :D

I've come to the conclusion that no matter how good Chris' songs may be (and imo they are not the best) I still take it with a bit of a prejudice. I can't like them as much as I like Matt's songs. The two of them I see as a sort of bonus tracks on T2L... Can't help it.

I also haven't yet come to view them as part of the album. As "real Muse". I think they would have had to be remarkable songs for me to both overcome the fact that Chris is singing them rather than Matt and secondly to love them, and sadly they are not really.

I have deliberately held back from saying much as I do think that Chris needs to be shown appreciation for doing this. I don't think it would be fair on him to be overly critical, but it looks like he is getting plenty of love on here. :LOL:

Saying that I don't dislike this song for what it is. It's an enjoyable listen on its own. I like it better than Save Me. But I prefer to listen to the Matt led songs when I'm listening to Muse. This feels rather like listening to a song from a different band. It's like an interruption that I want to skip.

I also haven't yet come to view them as part of the album. As "real Muse". I think they would have had to be remarkable songs for me to both overcome the fact that Chris is singing them rather than Matt and secondly to love them, and sadly they are not really.

I have deliberately held back from saying much as I do think that Chris needs to be shown appreciation for doing this. I don't think it would be fair on him to be overly critical, but it looks like he is getting plenty of love on here. :LOL:

Saying that I don't dislike this song for what it is. It's an enjoyable listen on its own. I like it better than Save Me. But I prefer to listen to the Matt led songs when I'm listening to Muse. This feels rather like listening to a song from a different band. It's like an interruption that I want to skip.

I so agree with you. If only there were Matt's backing vocals or if he sang a part of the song... It is just not powerful as it is. The chorus HAD to be better.

I really don't like that so many people think like this about the Chris songs. You're entitled to that opinion, I just find it quite closed minded. Chris has such incredible talent and I think it's very well represented in these tracks, but it annoys me that a few people are neglecting the songs as 'not Muse' just because it's not Matt singing them. I find that really unfair.

For once, it's not all about Matt and I'm personally glad about that - even HE is happy about it and to give Chris a chance to express himself. Muse are a three-piece, not just Matt. While historically their songs have been about what interests Matt in terms of content/topics/themes and even the way they sound, this is a new and, imo, refreshing change. I like that we're entering into Chris's mind and hearing a new perspective.

Yes, the songs don't sound like typical Muse, but they always do something different with each album: why should this difference be 'rejected' by some fans? I thought I'd be first to be weirded out by such a big change, but I actually welcome this and want more of it - Chris is so stupidly underrated!

I really don't like that so many people think like this about the Chris songs. You're entitled to that opinion, I just find it quite closed minded. Chris has such incredible talent and I think it's very well represented in these tracks, but it annoys me that a few people are neglecting the songs as 'not Muse' just because it's not Matt singing them. I find that really unfair.

For once, it's not all about Matt and I'm personally glad about that - even HE is happy about it and to give Chris a chance to express himself. Muse are a three-piece, not just Matt. While historically their songs have been about what interests Matt in terms of content/topics/themes and even the way they sound, this is a new and, imo, refreshing change. I like that we're entering into Chris's mind and hearing a new perspective.

Yes, the songs don't sound like typical Muse, but they always do something different with each album: why should this difference be 'rejected' by some fans? I thought I'd be first to be weirded out by such a big change, but I actually welcome this and want more of it - Chris is so stupidly underrated!

Nobody said Chris was not talented. It's just that he is a beginner on the singer/composer field and Matt is a pro.

After getting over the confusion as to who was singing I was blown away. An example of a great band taking a risk and doing something incredibly beautiful. The songs are not only worthy but 2 of my favorite tracks. No ego getting in the way from Matt who is one of the finest lead vocalists today. A band with immense talent and a soul. You should all be proud. Well done Chris. I hope you perform it live with heads held high.

Archived