:yesey: That's what I love about it.

Oh yes, and I love the way the chorus turns into something really big and epic sounding. It reminds me the chorus to Stockholm Syndrome.

Maybe not so much Stockholm Syndrome I guess, but it's that sweeping epic sound that's also in SS...if that makes any sense.

Think my main issue is the lack of anything at the higher frequency end of things. The bass is beefy as fuck, it really doesn't need guitar chugs and tom-based drumming along with it. Just all sounds a bit flat and messy.

Would've been much better with some high trem-picked guitar or chords around 12th fret, and a drum pattern that used the ride rather than toms. Would open it up a bit more.

It genuinely sounds too smooth. I had the hardest time figuring it out it was him singing. Not because it's the first time he's actually singing a full song but purely because something has been done to the voice and it's just too obvious to me for my liking.

If it sounds smooth it's probably not auto tuned.

I'm absolutely loving Liquid State. I'm happy it isn't very catchy because every time I listen to it, it feels new. It's the gem of the album imo. Chris' voice definitely has not been autotuned too. There's no unnatural harmonics or any unnatural changes in his voice.

Should definitely be longer with a guitar solo and an extra chorus at the end. What's there is great, and one of my favourites on the album, but it feels unfinished.

Yeah I felt that too.

Seems like the sort of song that should explode in riffage at the end, but that didn't quite happen. Still, Chris's voice is awesome. His voice (and the entire song, actually) remind me a lot of Tool

It genuinely sounds too smooth. I had the hardest time figuring it out it was him singing. Not because it's the first time he's actually singing a full song but purely because something has been done to the voice and it's just too obvious to me for my liking.

I'm pretty sure they've put some chorus (type of effect) on it. It could also be a lot of takes all layered at about the same volume but not perfectly in tune or time to create that slow shimmer.

Could not agree more. This is definitely not a Muse-worthy song - it just sounds like a generic rock band. Bleh.

hmm... I see what you mean but I think it has a sort of dark edge that makes it a lot less generic. It certainly isn't a song you'd expect from Lifehouse or Daughtry.

Archived