Someone more experienced than me could probably make a cleaner version but ...

I'm like actually fully in love with Chris's voice now

Omg his beautiful voice! <3333 :happy: I'm proper absolutely in loooooove with Chris's voice. It's so smooth - like a balm on a burn (lol, I'm getting poetic :$)

I'm proper excited to hear Liquid State live, but I really hope he busts this out on one of the nights cos I'd be SOOOO thrilled to hear it live. His songs are awesome!

Yeah, but he looks so uncomfortable... The way I looked in high school when I had to present something in front of the whole class.

It's his first time taking the lead in their 15+ years together, so I totally see why he'd be so nervous. He can't get away with blending into the background, he now has to be the centre of attention, so it's naturally nerve-wracking if you're not used to it. I'm sure he'll grow into his own as a lead singer, though. He already seems more comfortable singing Liquid State :happy:

I think this song is a grower, it's beautifully constructed and Chris' vocals are impressive. Matt has amazing technical ability and is good at conveying extreme emotions, but Chris really nailed it with getting the message across on this one.

Well put. :)

• 4 weeks later...
I see why people - particularly people with a less broad musical taste (at the risk of sounding like a twat) dislike this song. It's very different from anything they've done before.

I can really see why people dislike it. It's pretty slow and doesn't really build to anything (but in a lesser way than say, Isolated System). To add to that it draws on with that for quite a while.

Archived