Agreed. Whatever happened to just enjoying the show?

People will say that they can still enjoy the show with a camera in their hand though.

But it must be such a fucking bore for the actual band(not to mention the non-recording fans). I think it's My Chemical Romance live in...Mexico? That has one of the most annoying crowds ever. Simply because every single fucking person is standing with a camera, not wanting to move or scream or sing so they won't ruin their recording.

inb4 "MCR are annoying"

Agreed. Whatever happened to just enjoying the show?

It was really interesting when Dom pretty much said this in a recent interview. Never really thought about it before, and I think for this reason before I go I shall select 2 or 3 songs I will attempt to film so I dont stand there for the whole gig trying to get my camera to work and miss everything. I know I know I shouldn't film anything at all but I'm afraid I'm not that strong

People will say that they can still enjoy the show with a camera in their hand though.

But it must be such a fucking bore for the actual band(not to mention the non-recording fans). I think it's My Chemical Romance live in...Mexico? That has one of the most annoying crowds ever. Simply because every single fucking person is standing with a camera, not wanting to move or scream or sing so they won't ruin their recording.

inb4 "MCR are annoying"

Yeah, but shouldn't you be concentrating on the band, not staring at them through a screen?

Yeah I remember that. I remember Jack White saying how annoying an dissapointing he felt about it as well.

MCR are sexy live.

I know I know I shouldn't film anything at all but I'm afraid I'm not that strong

Why? They're great memories to look back on from your POV.

I dont know anyone who has attended a gig in recent years and not brought their camera along to capture a song or two to look back on.

Filming a few songs is fine I think for that reason, yeah watching the entire gig through your camera screen is different, but when its just a couple songs I think thats fine.

Plus the bootleg community always appreciate it if the recordings are shared. Its thanks to recordings that we're able to get a glimpse into other gig go'ers POV of the gig from the other side of the world and compile DVDs of the complete shows as souvenirs for those who were there and those who couldnt get there etc, so Id definitley not say recording at a gig is a bad thing at all :)

Yeah, but shouldn't you be concentrating on the band, not staring at them through a screen?

Yeah I remember that. I remember Jack White saying how annoying an dissapointing he felt about it as well.

MCR are sexy live.

Well "people are free to experience the gig however they want"

well...unless they're moshing, because that affects other people (read: the people filming)

I do enjoy being able to watch new songs on yt, but I'd gladly give up that privilege if it meant no cameras at gigs.

Why? They're great memories to look back on from your POV.

I dont know anyone who has attended a gig in recent years and not brought their camera along to capture a song or two to look back on.

Filming a few songs is fine I think for that reason, yeah watching the entire gig through your camera screen is different, but when its just a couple songs I think thats fine.

Plus the bootleg community always appreciate it if the recordings are shared. Its thanks to recordings that we're able to get a glimpse into other gig go'ers POV of the gig from the other side of the world and compile DVDs of the complete shows as souvenirs for those who were there and those who couldnt get there etc, so Id definitley not say recording at a gig is a bad thing at all :)

True true :) part of me wishes I could just balance the camera on someone's head and enjoy the whole thing without having to worry :LOL: but I guess that's what my dad is for :chuckle:

Exactly, that's the problem.

The problem is that it doesn't really work like a few people record a few songs each and then the rest of us can get a full gig bootleg. The reality is that pretty much every single person records, which DOES bring a worse gig experience. Of course there are different levels of this. MCR is a really good example of when cameras are just in the way.

Obviously it's nice for people sitting at home to be able to experience gigs they didn't attend, but I don't think it's worth bringing down the actual concert by the overuse of cameras that is getting more and more common.

EDIT: Simply, people have no sense of restrain and in the near future it will either be everyone brings a camera or no one brings one. Personally, I'd rather have the latter.

I havent bothered with camera's at gigs for the last couple of years or so...think Muse at wembley was actually the last time. I was always one of those people that ended up spending most of the gig doing photo's or video's which are great to look back on but i hardly remembered any of actually being there :LOL:

What Resistance songs do people think we'll get tonight? Think uprising is a given, probably resistance too, not sure on weather UD and USoE will still be around and surely Guiding Light is gone. Would love to see either MK Ultra or Exogenesis 1 make it in the setlist as well but just dont really see it happening

I'm going with for the gig tonight:

Supremacy

Supermassive Black Hole

Uprising

New Born

Hysteria

Follow Me

United States of Eurasia

Feeling Good

Survival

Madness

Starlight

Time is Running Out

Stockholm Syndrome

Liquid State

Plug in Baby

Knights of Cydonia

Straight forward set, no real surprises. I think New Born and USOE are debatable. I'd be game with opening with Survival and think it would work, but never going to happen. Really hope Knights appears elsewhere and without the Harmonica but we'll see.

Supremacy

Madness

Supermassive Black Hole

Panic Station

Map of the Problematique

Follow Me

That shitty Prince song

Hysteria

Feeling Good (because why the hell not)

Survival

3-5 songs that no one gives a shit about (Starlight, TIRO etc)

Stockholm Syndrome

Liquid State

Plug In Baby

Knights of Cydonia (again, why the hell not)

I'm not bothered by cameras at gigs at all.

Anyway, so excited for the setlist beef tonight :awesome:

Me neither, unless someone's holding one right up in my face for an entire song. I don't usually record, but I do take a lot of pictures. I try to be mindful and not annoying, though.

Archived