BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge: Muse (2012.09.28)

L.

After watching it, I have to say, Dominic looks like he's having a blast. All of them, actually look really really glad to be playing. I hope this kind of energy keeps up...I know its hard on a long tour. So glad to see them looking like they are enjoying themselves.

I didn't see them on the TR tour, but the stuff I have seen from it on festival coverage and YT, well, they just didn't seem to be enjoying it.

Hooray for Muse being fun again.:musesign:

My God, are they back.

I think that was my fave performance of Uprising, like, EVER. Follow Me was absolutely fantastic and the Prince cover was even better than what I expected. That.Guitar.

I can't believe how incredible Matt's vocals are. I hope he keeps it up cos I don't think he ever sounded better!

Holy Hell that's PROPER beefy!!!! I was headbanging throughout that awesome Prince cover - fucking amazingly heavy choon! :D Really wish they'd do a proper recording: they were in the studio where they recorded the album after all. I don't think I've heard them do something so GRRRR - that guitar/bass combo was explosive!

Amazing set: they looked very relaxed and sounded fantastic! :happy: I'm especially loving how it feels like Chris is getting more of an integral role to play in performances - aside from his two lead-vocal tracks - with ace backing vocals, different and LOUD bass styles etc. It's not really hugely different to what he did before, tbh, but I feel there's more focus on his input for some reason.

Uprising was nom and Follow Me sounds incredible live. As does the infectious Panic Station! Anyways, BRILLIANT! :D <3

Oh, and lol at Dom's cheeky chewing :p

Wow, that was one hell of a "concert!" Prob the best overall performance in a very long time.. Except for Starlight ofc, same as ever. And very suprised over how good the Prince cover sounded

The band sounded soo heavy, and matt's vocal were fantastic! If they can keep this up, this is gonna be one hell of a tour.

Ugh, Matt has gone back to using his awful fuzz tones :noey: Although he doesn't seem to have his entire live rig in there, so that may be one reason.

A very good performance, though. That Prince cover is surprisingly good.

I loved the fuzzier tone. Works on Madness, works on Uprising, works on PS, works on Follow Me.

It works.

:LOL:

I loved the fuzzier tone. Works on Madness, works on Uprising, works on PS, works on Follow Me.

It works.

I just don't like it. That annoying fuzz tone was my main problem with BHaR tour performances, especially in SMBH. All that buzz and fuzz is not really my thing. I prefer a more organic, overdriven guitar sound.

So no, it doesn't work for me. Go back to the TR tour guitar tones, Matt :noey:

I really liked his Supremacy guitar tone in the Cologne gig, though.

I just don't like it. That annoying fuzz tone was my main problem with BHaR tour performances, especially in SMBH. All that buzz and fuzz is not really my thing. I prefer a more organic, overdriven guitar sound.

So no, it doesn't work for me. Go back to the TR tour guitar tones, Matt :noey:

I really liked his Supremacy guitar tone in the Cologne gig, though.

:vomit:

/opinions

:vomit:

/opinions

Opinions, definitely. In the end, it's all just opinions.

Matt had some of his worst guitar tones around 2001 and 2002 and then in 2006-2007. And that's not even an opinion, it's a fact. Not saying all of his guitar tones around those times were shit, though.

/shortrandomrantaboutguitartones

Opinions, definitely. In the end, it's all just opinions.

Matt had some of his worst guitar tones around 2001 and 2002 and then in 2006-2007. And that's not even an opinion, it's a fact. Not saying all of his guitar tones around those times were shit, though.

/shortrandomrantaboutguitartones

90% of TR tones were awful imo :phu:

Um. That cover of Sign of the Times was just....um...wow. I don't even know what to say to that. So so so good. See, I almost typed God instead of good. That's how much I liked it.

sigh.

Sign Of The Times was ace, I hope they record it. Matt's vocals are absolutely stonking at the moment, hope he keeps it up.

Agreed. I'm not usually a huge fan of Muse doing covers, but this was just...effing great. I hope they record it, too (a stripped back version, like this).

Also, Matt's vocals are insanely impressive at the moment. I can't believe he's constantly this good at live performances. (The pessimist in me however immediately reminds me that my concert won't be until December...hope he keeps using proper singing techniques!)

EDIT: Follow me sounded a lot better than on the album. Good.

Archived