Sign in to follow this  
L.

BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge: Muse (2012.09.28)

BBC Radio 1’s Massive Month Of Live Music: Muse

Radio 1 | 28 September

On Friday 28 September BBC Radio 1's Fearne Cotton will be hosting a Live Lounge Special with Muse. The band should be performing 6 songs.

The band should be performing 6 songs.

Oh Goody!

I wonder if all the songs will be from T2L

You can apply for tickets to this but its random draw and only 10 pairs are avaliable.

Nevertheless... tempting, tempting, particulary if I (predictably) fail at iTunes.

You can apply for tickets to this but its random draw and only 10 pairs are avaliable.

Nevertheless... tempting, tempting, particulary if I (predictably) fail at iTunes.

what have you got to lose? Sanity, the will to live.. LOL

..if i dont win i hope some people here do.

Hopefully there will be covers

OPPAN GANGNAM STYLE

Matt, Dom and Chris doing the dance would be so priceless :LOL:

FFS Muse, enough competitions to gigs I will most probably not win :LOL: I'd LOVE to be in the audience to see something as intimate as this from them considering most audiences they play are in the tens of thousands! And I'm desperately hoping at least half of the six songs are from T2L, but that's way too wishful, hehe. Will still be awesome, though :D

Are the live lounge shows always acoustic? If so, I reckon they'll play an acoustic version of Madness, maybe Explorers or Save Me, a cover or two and an older song (maybe Starlight or something).

I can't think of what they'll cover though. I wouldn't mind hearing them cover That's Entertainment but I highly doubt that's gonna happen.

Are the live lounge shows always acoustic? If so, I reckon they'll play an acoustic version of Madness, maybe Explorers or Save Me, a cover or two and an older song (maybe Starlight or something).

I can't think of what they'll cover though. I wouldn't mind hearing them cover That's Entertainment but I highly doubt that's gonna happen.

It's not always acoustic, I think.

Yup it's not always acoustic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZCSGwKOntY

I live in London so I'm tempted to apply, but I don't think I'll be able to get the time off work for this if I win.

I could always pull a sickie...

Isn't it live on the BBC?

being live lounge you would think so, i wouldnt be surprised if there was a little delay in the airing of any songs.

Hopefully there will be covers

This. So many BIG artists don't do Live Lounge covers, they're the most interesting thing about current music on the radio (see Rihanna as re-imagined by Everything Everything).

Something tells me Muse won't bother, though. At worst, they'd better not do the radio edit of Madness. :mad:

I hope they do a cover. That's my favorite part of livelounge.

They don't tend to shy away from covers :chuckle: Although, live lounge covers are usually very current tracks. Imagine them doing Gangnam Style! :awesome::chuckle:

They don't tend to shy away from covers :chuckle: Although, live lounge covers are usually very current tracks. Imagine them doing Gangnam Style! :awesome::chuckle:

Yeah I could picture that..

Matt does the first Oppan Gangnam Style in his superhero voice and last one in falsetto

Dom drums with a idiot-like grin

Chris headbanging away

But please don't. Leave that song alone :)

Sara Cox mentioned this today, she's hosting and Muse will be doing 6 songs. I'll be at work so will have to listen/watch later :supersad: