Not sure if this has been discussed before... I checked the list of working titles and the tracklist, and there are four working titles that do not appear on the tracklist:

Chalice (pretty sure by enhanced pics it was Chalice, not Change)

Hiding to...

Unsustainable (small print, tbh unreadable)

The Unaimed or The Award (unreadable, imo Unaimed, others say Award)

There are five titles on the tracklist that do not appear on the working titles:

Prelude

Big Freeze

Liquid State

T2L: Unsustainable

T2L: Isolated System

So there is discrepancy.

-simple and boring explanation: one title missing on whiteboard, didn't fit in or something

-far fetched but more speculative thus interesting explanation: they have split an originally continuous track into two.

In any case I tried to think which working titles would fit the official titles, and the only clear one would be Unsustainable. I can think of a weak link between Prelude and The Award, because I've understood the official Olympics song will be played before medal ceremonies, so could that be Prelude which they originally called The Award? I'm also thinking that maybe the orchestra pieces like the Prelude or the first part of the trailer were written small on the whiteboard. That would leave Chalice and Hiding to being Big Freeze and Liquid State - I would guess Chalice is Liquid State just because both have something to do with liquids ;) I guess we'll find out when actually hearing the lyrics.

I tend to think the trailer is one song, certainly the evidence for the orchestral bit being Supremacy is weak, but the titles do not quite fit then imo. The dubsteppy part should obviously be called Unsustainable because that's what the robot keeps saying, but the title Unsustainable comes first. Also, what happens in the final songs after the parts we've heard on the trailer? And would they end the album with the dubsteppy part? Imho they usually end albums with something epic, and the orchestral piece would fit better. Maybe T2L: Isolated System is some kind of mixture of orchestra and Muse instruments, and we haven't heard any of it. At least that is what I hope for.

Not sure if this has been discussed before... I checked the list of working titles and the tracklist, and there are four working titles that do not appear on the tracklist:

Hiding to...

There are five titles on the tracklist that do not appear on the working titles:

Prelude

Big Freeze

Liquid State

So there is discrepancy.

-simple and boring explanation: one title missing on whiteboard, didn't fit in or something

-far fetched but more speculative thus interesting explanation: they have split an originally continuous track into two.

In any case I tried to think which working titles would fit the official titles, and the only clear one would be Unsustainable. I can think of a weak link between Prelude and The Award, because I've understood the official Olympics song will be played before medal ceremonies, so could that be Prelude which they originally called The Award? I'm also thinking that maybe the orchestra pieces like the Prelude or the first part of the trailer were written small on the whiteboard. That would leave Chalice and Hiding to being Big Freeze and Liquid State - I would guess Chalice is Liquid State just because both have something to do with liquids ;) I guess we'll find out when actually hearing the lyrics.

I tend to think the trailer is one song, certainly the evidence for the orchestral bit being Supremacy is weak, but the titles do not quite fit then imo. The dubsteppy part should obviously be called Unsustainable because that's what the robot keeps saying, but the title Unsustainable comes first. Also, what happens in the final songs after the parts we've heard on the trailer? And would they end the album with the dubsteppy part? Imho they usually end albums with something epic, and the orchestral piece would fit better. Maybe T2L: Isolated System is some kind of mixture of orchestra and Muse instruments, and we haven't heard any of it. At least that is what I hope for.

Or they're B-sides.

Hiding to...

Prelude

Big Freeze

Liquid State

So there is discrepancy.

Yes I had wanted to compare the new titles with the working titles and you have done it for me here. It's a good idea that Prelude might be The Award. However, one additional point, to add to the confusion: wasn't that title at the bottom of the white board, despite the rest being alphabetical? Perhaps Prelude was only identified separately afterwards, originally being part of Survival. Perhaps Unsustainable was split into two later and the title for T2L 2 was originally something like The Award, added later to identify the separate parts of the song as they couldn't be bothered to rewrite the board.

Btw has anyone got a link to the original white board?

From this ‏@WickedMuser person

01. Supremacy - 04:55

02. Madness - 04:39

03. Panic Station - 03:03

04. Prelude - 01:03

05. Survival - 04:17

06. Follow Me - 03:51

07. Animals - 04:23

08. Explorers - 05.48

09. Big Freeze - 04:41

10. Save Me - 05:09

11. Liquid State - 03:03

12. Unsustainable - 03:48

13. Isolated System - 04:59

From this ‏@WickedMuser person

01. Supremacy - 04:55

02. Madness - 04:39

03. Panic Station - 03:03

04. Prelude - 01:03

05. Survival - 04:17

06. Follow Me - 03:51

07. Animals - 04:23

08. Explorers - 05.48

09. Big Freeze - 04:41

10. Save Me - 05:09

11. Liquid State - 03:03

12. Unsustainable - 03:48

13. Isolated System - 04:59

If this is correct, then the album would be 53:39 long?

So in descending order of length, the tracks would be:

Explorers - 05:48

Save Me - 05:09

Isolated System - 04:59

Supremacy - 04:55

Big Freeze - 04:41

Madness - 04:39

Animals - 04:23

Survival - 04:17

Follow Me - 03:51

Unsustainable - 03:48

Panic Station - 03:03

Liquid State - 03:03

Prelude - 01:03

That's... interesting. I'm gonna compare that to previous albums.

I thought Animals, Liquid and Isolated will be longer. All in all, I can't complain about the duration of the songs.

Panic Station will be one single, I'm sure as hell.

And the 50% failed. Supremacy is not one song of 1:30, haha.

I thought Animals, Liquid and Isolated will be longer. All in all, I can't complain about the duration of the songs.

Panic Station will be one single, I'm sure as hell.

And the 50% failed. Supremacy is not one song of 1:30, haha.

Nobody said it is a song of 1:30, really

Why? You don't know what they sound like yet. I don't get why some people are disappointed by some of the song lengths :erm:

Because is the only thing we have from the songs xD

Of course could be that Explorers (don't like the title) will be my favourite and Liquid a horrible song but well... as I said is the only thing we have.

All in all, I like songs of 4 minutes =/

Archived